INTEREST: First Order Fabric Banners (Faux Suede )

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pixelpiper

Super Freak
Reaction score
Sale prices on First Order banners (limited quantity available) and pre-order of Empire and Rebel banners in all sizes/formats

Order directly from my site: https://twistedmelon.com/shop/?show=banners

• Banners are made from high quality polyester faux suede
• Banners work great for all scales, from 3 3/4" figures all the way up to 1/4 scale figures and statues
• 15 Inch & 24 Inch sizes available (15" fits in a Detolf, 24" fits in a Besta - will drape on the bottom shelf with 23" shelf height)
• 3-panel & 1-panel banner styles
• Every banner comes with two 1/4" aluminum rods & stainless steel mounting hangers (adhesive-backed)
• Hemmed top and bottom to fit mounting rods
• Side edges heat cut/sealed to prevent fraying

banner-outlines.png

Setup and Scale Examples (note: you can mount the hooks in the center or ends of the triple banners)

FO-24T.jpg

FO-15T.jpg

Finished & Installed dimensions * (w x h):
• 3-Panel banners:
$60 - Detolf Size: ~15" x 15.75" with rods & hangers, 1/4" gap between panels - each fabric panel is 4.5" x 14.5"
$80 - Large Size: ~21" x 25" with rods & hangers, 1/4" gap between panels - each fabric panel is 6.5" x 23.5"

• 1-Panel banners:
$30 - Detolf Size: ~6" x 15.75" with rods & hangers - fabric panel is 5" x 14.5"
$40 - Large Size: ~8.25" x 25" with rods & hangers - fabric panel is 7.25" x 23.5"

* Hangers can also be secured upside-down for "zero-clearance" mounting of the rod below a shelf - saves 1" of space
(example: when used at the top in a Detolf or Besta)

Options:
• Finished banners without rods/mounts
• Un-hemmed banners without rods/mounts - these will be longer than the finished banners so you can display them as-is or hem them to different sizes
• Rods/mounts without banners (Available in these sizes: 4.5", 6", 8.25", 15", 21")

The printing process provides color on one side of the fabric, the back side being white with a colored hem.

Now available for pre-order:
• 1 and 3-panel Galactic Empire & Rebel Alliance banners: https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=174330

Last edited:
Re: INTEREST: First Order Fabric Banners

Hmmm...I don't think the one sided idea will go over very well. Why not just get red material and screen print the black design? I foresee issues printing two colors onto white without bleeding or trace amounts of white showing through.

Also what do plan for a mounting system? What does the rod hook onto? Or is that up to the buyer?

There are no problems with white showing through and no problems with registration or bleed as it's a full digital print, not separate plates. Screen printing onto pre-dyed fabric would push the price point to a level most people won't be interested in, if it were even possible to find a suitably colored fabric to begin with (not likely in faux suede).

Printing is being done by a professional fabric studio, not at home.

Also of concern is that I'm making complex many-colored Game of Thrones banners which can easily be combined into the same digital workflow, but would present additional headaches having to go to a different process and different print shop.

Rods and hangers are supplied.

Last edited:

This is an interesting idea. You should also consider a 1/12 scale version for the Black Series and Figuarts lines.

What kind of size would you have in mind for that? 15" tall would work well with those too, IMO.

Great idea! I think this will be the perfect background to the First Order Stormtroopers. Can't wait for final production photos.

Guess I was thinking around 8-10 inches for the 1/12 scale. That way they would fit on smaller shelves/display cases with the smaller figures. Only the single banner though, that probably is not ideal for the larger 3 paneled one.

Ok, I'll work something up. I'm making smaller Game of Thrones banners so I might be able to fit them into that layout to save print space.

Oooooooohhhh....

I like the three banner idea.

I too would like some 1/12th banners for the Black Series figures.

I'll definitely have some smaller banners. Right now it's looking like the 15" tall ones, some 24" tall ones and some smaller ones around 8"-9"

That seems like good variety that will appeal to collectors of the major sizes. Of course, if First Order sucks in the movie, business will go down the drain. Hoping for the best!

I'm going to sell these BEFORE the movie comes out. Come on, give me some credit. :)

Whats the rough price point for a complete set for a Detolf?

Not ready to post a price on this one yet. It's going to depend on what I source for a rod and how much work it will be to stitch the pleat. If it's going to be crazy amounts of work for me, I'm willing to sell them unstitched at a lower price of course.

I've decided that I'll be testing some samples with only black printing as well so that I can dye the fabric to get the correct crimson red on both sides at once. This manual work needs to be factored in too. If it's too much, I'm going to stick with single-sided full-color printed fabric, which is how I'm creating the Game of Thrones banners.

EDIT: obviously the custom-dying idea was scrapped once I decided to use polyester faux suede for these banners.

Last edited:

Not ready to post a price on this one yet. It's going to depend on what I source for a rod and how much work it will be to stitch the pleat. If it's going to be crazy amounts of work for me, I'm willing to sell them unstitched at a lower price of course.

I've decided that I'll be testing some samples with only black printing as well so that I can dye the fabric to get the correct crimson red on both sides at once. This manual work needs to be factored in too. If it's too much, I'm going to stick with single-sided full-color printed fabric, which is how I'm creating the Game of Thrones banners.

Do your thing man. I'm not too worried about price. I'm just wanting to see how I can juggle the next 7 Hot Toys Star Wars releases and this. Because I won't have to worry about TFA figures looking out of place when theres these banners behind them. Hahaha They will probably take center stage with these.

Fabric test run is in production now and I'll hopefully have a sample in-hand by the end of next week.

I assume the 24" will be for the 1/6 scale line

Any banner is for whatever purpose you want it for. :) Feel free to use it as a placemat or table runner even. The impetus for the 24" size comes from a request to make something big enough for PF/Statue sizes. The fabric will be longer than 24" to allow for hem/edge folding.

Last edited:
Back