Dinosauria - Ceratosaurus Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris S

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Looks like the next release will be up for pre-order shortly.

1125x682_preview_Ceratosaurus.jpg

Ceratosaurus is one of those dinos that looks good from certain angles, not as much from others..but it's still a classic species.

We even built one for our Park this year :
11401420_10204441825142227_7745245951461357674_n.jpg

Looks like this may be the larger species of the ones known.
https://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2013/060/7/3/ceratosaurus_wasn_t_a_wuss_by_shartman-d5wm7dn.jpg

My only complaint is I sort of wish it was sculpted with it's mouth closed instead. Like this one by S. Foulkes.
IMGP17211-500x375.jpg

I had a hunch this one was coming too..it was mentioned awhile back this was a favorite species of the artists involved with the line. Maybe it will form part of a dio? Running from an Allosaurus would be great. It could also be in scale with the Stegosaurus. I'm pretty curious to see what the exclusive is as well.

I agree, not sold on the promo picture but will reserve judgement until I see full pics. Happy to see another. I was worried the Triceratops would be the last.

I just hope the exclusive is the skull.

I agree, not sold on the promo picture but will reserve judgement until I see full pics. Happy to see another. I was worried the Triceratops would be the last.

I just hope the exclusive is the skull.

I'm actually digging the new exclusives more..it's a neat way to expand the story of the piece if you want to. We can't see the base on this one yet so not sure what we'll get. We've had a baby and a meal..maybe a prey item fleeing? That would actually be like getting a whole other mini statue with it.

I'm actually digging the new exclusives more..it's a neat way to expand the story of the piece if you want to. We can't see the base on this one yet so not sure what we'll get. We've had a baby and a meal..maybe a prey item fleeing? That would actually be like getting a whole other mini statue with it.

Yup, this is how I feel too. I dig the add on parts that are exclusives more than the skulls. While that may be because I don't actually own any of those skulls, I think that the new EX's are a way to further the piece itself in a better way than the skulls were.

I just figured the rex and trike had different exclusives because the skulls had already been done with previous releases. I have all the skulls that's why I'm keen.

The left leg looks raised, like it's pushing something down. Is it guarding a kill, or just leaning on a rock? Will be interesting to see the full sculpt. :)

Is this made by Jorge Blanco?

Actually I don't care if the dinosaurs look good or bad...this is just a subjective point of view. A dinosaur never has to be good looking to meet our standard...they are who they are...what I really care is that the statue must scientifically based on the true fossil we found lately. If this is done by Jorge Blanco...I think it will be convinceble. Mr. Blanco always follow the theory.

Ceratosaurus is one of the dinosaurs in my 'WISH LIST', I'm glad that they choose Cera. and also suprised that they skipped Raptors. Anyway, good choice!

I'll wait for full pics, too.

Consider the Ceratosaurus actual size, I think it should be 1:10 scale. And it can pair with SS Stegosaurus, who know.

I have the Dilo pair with the skull, it's alright, but it's so easy to find small skull replicas. I guess we'll see.

I think this is Jorge's work.

I'm hoping that this piece would be a good segway into an Allosaurus maquette. So perhaps there is a faceoff of some sort going down with it. :)

Yeah, I also think that this one will come with a skull as an exclusive.

But SS haven't made the skull as an exclusive for a long time...not sure if they will play the old game, but a new idea like Edmontosaurus prey, Triceratops baby...will be fresh and better!

Yes, we'll have to wait and see what the exclusive will be.

But as SimFeliz has mentioned earlier, the new T. rex and Trike may have had different exclusives as both of their skulls were already released with previous statues :)

I don t care too much about the exc But if it must be i'd like a prey . Hope in a Good scale with rex and carno!

Back