The Faramir Signature Contest!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Captain Faramir

Super Freak
Reaction score
OK boys and girls, you know how much I love Faramir, so here's the news: I want a new signature and avatar, but I don't know how to make them. So, seeing as I want something REALLY cool that I can use, I'm putting on this little contest to see who can design the best possible signatureand avatar for me. The prize? A $10 gift card for SSC, which won't expire until Dec. 31, 2007 (I checked to make sure)! I thought this might be fun, so here are the rules/guidelines that can help you to win:

The avatar can be a movie still from LOTR featuring Faramir in his Ranger Garb, or the figure. I would like something that shows the good side of Faramir, too.

The signature can feature either movie stills of Faramir or the Faramir 1/6 figure, both would be cool. Colors and fonts should have a Lord of the Rings feel to them and should look nice. You can use quotes if you want, like what I had before, "Well, Sideshow, now at last we understand one another," or you can choose your own too if you have something better, I'm just tossing around ideas. :D

On Thursday just before the newletter is out I'll choose a winner. The winner will be chosen based purely off of which one I like best and that I use. :rolleyes: Most importantly, remember that I want them to be easy to recognize so that people will associate them with me easily. I have had this card for a while and have no chance to use it, so I figured I would give it away by doing something fun for my fellow Freaks. It's a pretty lame contest, but I've never done one before, so I'm sorry if you think it's boring. I'm not very good at putting together rules, I just want a really nice new banner and avatar that I can use. The contest ends next Thursday just before the newsletter comes out, that way most of you will be here to see the winner. Good Luck!!!

Wow, thanks! You're all so great and I know lots of you would do this for free, but I thought I would throw in the card just to be a little more generous than usual. I bet it will make somebody really happy. :cool:

And yeah I really like mine right now, but I'm kind of done with the civil war thing; now I want something a little more LOTR-focused, more specifically Middle-Earth. I can't wait to see what you all come up with!

I am trying something for the first time so bear with me. Do I post it here or
send it to you personally?

I will hold off for a bit , what I just made sucks.

Last edited:
Go ahead and post them here, that way everybody can enjoy them. And thanks for the effort, m'lady! I'm sure it will be great; besides, nobody else has entered anything yet! I'm looking forward to seeing it!

First of all, those are BEAUTIFUL, my Lady. The design is such a nice departure form the usual box look. Second of all, I totally forgot about the quote about the darkness not enduring--something tells me the winning entry could very very possibly include that quote, since it's my FAVORITE from the film--just a thought. :rolleyes:

I'm very impressed. Thanks for entering, and congrats on being the first one!

Captain Aldeggon said:
First of all, those are BEAUTIFUL, my Lady. The design is such a nice departure form the usual box look. Second of all, I totally forgot about the quote about the darkness not enduring--something tells me the winning entry could very very possibly include that quote, since it's my FAVORITE from the film--just a thought. :rolleyes:

I'm very impressed. Thanks for entering, and congrats on being the first one!

I am blushing!!!

LOL, well, I guess i should have expected some funny ones. I guess a lot of people take it that the Captain used in my name is like a ship's captain, lol. Now I REALLY wish I had made my name Captain Faramir instead, but when I first joined I thought it was taken, so I ended up with Captain Aldeggon, my second choice. I've regretted it for a long time now--I mean, I like Aldeggon, but I still wish I could be Captain Faramir instead. That would have been so great!

Oh well.......

No need to be bashful, my Lady! I had no idea you could make signatures so well! But then, I should have guessed it from your avatar. The first time I saw the Kurgan helmet added to your picture I nearly died laughing! :rotfl

Captain Aldeggon said:
No need to be bashful, my Lady! I had no idea you could make signatures so well! But then, I should have guessed it from your avatar. The first time I saw the Kurgan helmet added to your picture I nearly died laughing! :rotfl

The funny thing is I didn't make my avatar, I asked just like you did and my
avatar was created by a fellow Kurgan Occulum.

LOL, well then we're in the same boat, lol. Maybe I should go in and ask my fellow Krusaders to look into the contest. And again, your work is just great. Most excellently done!

That's one of the best movie stills I've ever seen of Faramir! Funny though how much it looks like a girl's Faramir Fantasy--so dreamy! :monkey4 It's still really nice though, thanks!

Thanks for all these contributions! I'm glad somebody is helping out!

dr2red said:
Here is my first try at a signature. Still working on an Avatar.

close this thread and announce Lady Red the winner because this sig is the shiz-nitz :rock :rock :rock :rock

I think you should declare her the winner and call it a day :rock

edit: wow, jinx

Back