Boromir Wait List

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Protozaius

Chief Defender of Faith
Reaction score
Having just benefited from being on the Legolas exclusive Wait List, my thoughts now shift to getting my Boromir Exclusive Wait list place converted into an order.

This week's newsletter announced that people on the Boromir Exclusive wait list are now being contacted.

Has anyone from this board had their Wait list converted yet? If so, when did you get on it.

I was really shocked that my Legolas order got converted... I added my name to the list mid January. I wonder if the exclusive Legolas will be available on "second chance."

I think a lot of poeple are dropping this line due to it's slow development, In my opinion that's a big mistake. Your chances should be just as good for Boromir. I ordered mine during the PPO, so I am in the clear!

My Legolas wait list was converted and I'm very optomistic that my Boromir will too as well as my Faramir. I think all the people that are canceling their orders are gonna be kicking themselves come Toyfair and new additions are announced.

I dropped mine the other day, so you're one step closer. :D Not for lack of desire or patience, mind you. I just collect to many things.

Good luck! I'm sure you'll score one in the end.

Yeah dude you'll get one for sure. I can't wait for my Faramir to come! I really hope we see some new announcements at Toy Fair though..........

It's funny that you mention Faramir since it was his announcement that got me back in this line. I think he looks amazing! I cancelled all of my PPOs after seeing badly shot production photos of Aragorn. BIG mistake. :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

But after seeing Faramir (which I do have a PPO :D ), I decided I wanted the Brothers of Gondor on my shelf. So, I immediately put my name on the Wait Line for Boromir. Then after scoring an Aragorn for $30, I decided I was going for the line full throttle. :monkey5 :monkey5 :monkey5

So it seems people have been getting notices concerning Boromir's imminent arrival. Has anyone seen their waitlist order converted yet?

I cancelled mine no more than a few weeks ago

I really didnt want to , but I am moving internationaly and have to lighten the load :monkey2

I haven't gotten a conversion on him yet... I put in my waitlist the same day as Legolas (I think it was 10/19). Fingers crossed... I feel pretty confident of my chances.

Especially since my Legolas and T-1000 both converted, and the T-1000 was placed a week or so after people were getting theirs in hand!

I just cancelled my Exclusive Boromir, so hopefully that will help out one of you. It looks like it's going to be an awesome figure, but I've got too many other things on my plate for this year. Being a grad student doesn't leave me a load of spare change for these things so I have to be somewhat conservative with what I pick up and with this being the 30th Anniversary of Star Wars, it's not easy.

I'm still on for Faramir though!

Good luck with the waitlist.

I got the Legolas Exc. from the waitlist and signed up on the waitlist for Boromir in Nov. I'm keeping my fingers crossed too. I cancelled my Faramir Exc. order....now I'm beginning to wonder if I made a mistake. But I had to have the Lord of Darkness Exc. and decided to just stick with the Fellowship 12 inch.

Not to be Johnny Raincloud or anything, but yeah it was a mistake. You will rue it forever. Of course, I am Faramir biased.................:rolleyes: (just kidding :cool: )

Seriously though, lots of people got converted with Legolas and Aragorn ,but now that people are beginning to see the quality of these figures in hand I thing fewer people will be cancelling on this line. The slow pace makes it easy to keep up, and the figures are just too lovely for words.

Captain Aldeggon said:
Not to be Johnny Raincloud or anything, but yeah it was a mistake. You will rue it forever. Of course, I am Faramir biased.................:rolleyes: (just kidding :cool: )

Seriously though, lots of people got converted with Legolas and Aragorn ,but now that people are beginning to see the quality of these figures in hand I thing fewer people will be cancelling on this line. The slow pace makes it easy to keep up, and the figures are just too lovely for words.

I have a feeling you are right....oh woes me! WHAT HAVE I DONE?!

You have erred, but all is not lost. Well maybe it is, but at least the waitlist is available. But do not fear, it's still early. There is always hope!

Does anyone know Sideshow's procedures for contacting people on the wait list? Do they contact people as orders are cancelled or do they wait until they have a group of items now available to waitlisters? I'm just wondering about that...

I think they contact in waves... so they don't do each one as they become available. When and if you get a conversion you'll recieve an email letting you know about 2 days before it becomes an official order (you can decline it at that point).

galactiboy said:
I think they contact in waves... so they don't do each one as they become available. When and if you get a conversion you'll recieve an email letting you know about 2 days before it becomes an official order (you can decline it at that point).

I never got an email for my Legolas exc. waitlist conversion. Just all of a sudden I got a shipping notice. Which of course, by that time it is too late to cancel. That was fine by me because I was happy to have him, but it was sort of surprising.

i think the wail list will be productive for quite a number of people and even if it isn't the legolas and aragorn excl. on ebay, on average, aren't selling for that much over what SS is selling them for.

Back