HELP!! Someone to fix my dog chewed TOD PF sword

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bepster

Freakzoid
Reaction score
I have a problem, my puppy has chewed the swords blade from my TOD PF and I am struggling to find someone UK based to fix / renew it.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

image.jpg

Go to Rebelscum archive, go to the Sideshow PF section - use the pic of the sword as a cut-out template. Print out the picture twice and paper-glue it to a sheet of thin styrene. Use scissors or scalpel to carefully cut around so you have two sword-shaped pieces of styrene. Then take another piece of thicker styrene and cut it as the "spine" (thicker line that runs the back of the sword length.)

You then have three pieces - two sword profiles in pretty thin styrene, and the "spine" of the sword in a thicker styrene. Glue them together so the two profiles are directly together on the blade side, and splayed/held apart using the spine piece for the back edge (so it's thicker like a real sword.) Place that over the cut-off stump of your existing sword.

I used this method to make a properly scaled (larger) 1/6 Cairo swordsman sword and it looks like a real metal sword.

Thanks for your reply, the only issue with that option is I'm not the best with anything fiddly so I probably wouldn't get it looking right.

Thanks for your reply, the only issue with that option is I'm not the best with anything fiddly so I probably wouldn't get it looking right.

The cutting is the hardest part and even that's not that difficult - you're just following a line.

Back