Statue Small Soldiers Archer

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ANC1

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Hi All,

I've been searching far a wide to find out what this is from and I have been pointed to you guys.

So far I know its from a film called Small Soldiers and the character name is Archer.

Is this worth anything to anyone ?

Please see below pictures.

IMG_20150824_200041647.jpg

IMG_20150824_200011840.jpg

This looks like the/a figure.

I do not think the figure is worth too much.

Here is an ebay search link
small soldiers archer in Action Figures | eBay

Seems there are some bigger versions going upwards to a few hundred, can not tell which exactly yours is.

On the other hand, if you had one of the animatronics from the movie.
H3257-L40395409.jpg

Hi All,

I've been searching far a wide to find out what this is from and I have been pointed to you guys.

So far I know its from a film called Small Soldiers and the character name is Archer.

Is this worth anything to anyone ?

Please see below pictures.

View attachment 205943

View attachment 205944
Hi,may i know where can get this item????i find it long time aready....:)

Looks like Softgarage to me, too... They recreated Archer, Chip, Insaniac and Freakenstein lifesize using the original molds from Stan Winston studios, as rumour has it. Butch, Nick and another Archer, Insaniac and Chip were created in a smaller form as well. It’s coldcast porcelain as far as I know… Here’s a link to therpf regarding these figures. Small Soldiers - Chip Hazard and Archer - Page 3
I bought an original Archer cast (it’s claimed to be that, I don’t know whether it is) for a few hundred bucks about a year ago… should have about the same value, I guess… I can post some pics later tonight...

Looks like Softgarage to me, too... They recreated Archer, Chip, Insaniac and Freakenstein lifesize using the original molds from Stan Winston studios, as rumour has it. Butch, Nick and another Archer, Insaniac and Chip were created in a smaller form as well. It’s coldcast porcelain as far as I know… Here’s a link to therpf regarding these figures. Small Soldiers - Chip Hazard and Archer - Page 3
I bought an original Archer cast (it’s claimed to be that, I don’t know whether it is) for a few hundred bucks about a year ago… should have about the same value, I guess… I can post some pics later tonight...

Please share more picture for the item!!!!!i can't wait to see it!!!

Here you go! There's a pic of the Archer expression head masters as well. As I understood, these were the first pulls put aside to be used once a mold would have gotten destroyed...

As you can see by the hereafter e-mail correspondence with an earlier employee of SW studios, all the molds were actually destroyed after SW's demise (R.I.P., this guy was a god and is a legend...).

"Dear Florian,

Thanks for the email, I appreciate the kinds words about my work.

I don't have any castings from Small Soldiers, I have never kept souvenirs from the films I've worked on, (after
all the hours every day that I spend looking at the things I build I don't want to look at them when I'm at home as well!) I also don't have much in the way of photos that either isn't on my website or somewhere that you couldn't find them on the web. (I think I have a Behind the Scenes book that was released at the time, but it sounds like you already have that book.)

I know that isn't much help to you, and unfortunately my memory isn't terrific. I can't remember which kind of joints were used in the toys on that film... I'm fairly certain that the different characters had different kinds of joints depending upon their design, but I can't remember which character had what kind of joint inside them.

However... you could try contacting Steven Munson, the archivist at Legacy FX. Legacy FX is what used to be Stan Winston Studio and I believe that they might possibly have something that would help you out. His email address is [email protected]. I don't know whether or not he will be able to help you or not, but it's probably worth a try.

You mentioned that you have enrolled at the Stan Winston School... I know that Matt Winston (Stan's son) is heavily involved with the school and if you wrote to him directly he might be willing or able to find more photo reference for you as well. I know that the Winston family retained quite a bit of the work that was done at Stan Winston Studio... I think that would also be worth a shot.

I know for a fact that the original molds and castings from Small Soldiers were destroyed several years back when Stan Winston Studio was cleaning it's storage facility. (I was there.)

I have worked in Europe several times and I know how difficult it is to get your hands on the proper materials and tools since there isn't the foundation of a large motion picture effects industry there, so I can sympathize with what you have to go through.

Best of luck to you, I'm sorry that I couldn't be of more assistance.

Take care,

~DM

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Small Soldiers
Date: Wed, October 15, 2014 7:00 am
To: ------

Dear David

I have come across your website today searching for reference pictures regarding the movie Small Soldiers. First of all, I would like to tell you how much I am impressed by your work. I didn't know the website before, I just knew your work from the Stan Winston book.

A few years ago, I fell in love with prop making. Last year, I started building replicas of the Commando Elite for my son who found one of my old Hasbro toys and wanted to know how the other soldiers look... I live in Switzerland, so it is very hard for me to get my hands on good reference material. You can find my work until today here: Small Soldiers Brick Bazooka replica for my son - Page 4

What I am desperately looking for are more reference shots from the figures being produced. All I have are some photos from the making of, a Japanese book and some photos from the propstore and liveauctioneer website. I was able to buy an original casting of Archer but its a one piece figure, so I still don't have any information on the shoulder joints etc. (seems to be a T-joint to me, but whatever ;-)...

I have registered on the stanwinstonschool last year and watch their courses whenever I can, but regarding my figures, I am kind of stuck. If you could help me in any way regarding information of the making of the figures, reference pictures etc. or if you still have a leg or foot of one of the commandos lying around, please tell me so! I am highly interested in any detail I have missed until today. I don't know how many expression heads were made (7 for Archer, I got that out...), how the back of the commandos looked (Brick and Butch had some kind of backpack originally) etc. All I know is that Butch and Brick had the same arms and upper body and that Kip and Link had the same arms and that Nick and Link had the same legs and feet... and that's still noting ;-)

I hope so much you will reply to me, although the chances are small. I know I am not from your industry and that it is very hard to learn how to do things right (I have to create a vacuum chamber from an old pot, can you imagine that?...) but I still want to leave no stone unturned...

Thank you for any input, and all the best

Florian
"

At the moment, I am working on a resin replica of my Kip Killigan stunt puppet (wouldn't want my kids to play with the stunt puppet...). Then, Chip and Archer follow ;-)

All the best

F
P.S. do you have some closeup shots of the sword?

Attachments

• Archer_01.jpg
    Archer_01.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 205
  • Archer_04.jpg
    Archer_04.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 193
  • Archer_03.jpg
    Archer_03.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 200
  • Archer_02.jpg
    Archer_02.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 193
  • Archer expression heads.jpg
    Archer expression heads.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 203
  • Archer.jpg
    Archer.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 193
Waoh!!!!!great job!!!!!!!!very nice archer head!!!did you sell them?

To the creator of this original post, If you still have the Small Soldiers Archer Soft Garage statue I would be interested in purchasing it, thanks..

Does anyone know where I can find the softgarage archer figure or major chip hazard

Back