XM Boba Fett 1/4 statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Python

Super Freak
Reaction score
What a beauty this is. I have the SSC PF on order, but I am looking forward to seeing this one develop. I'm particularly interested in seeing if they can create a convincing look for the jet exhausts smoke and flames..

GmRtK4J.jpg

y89ybUq.jpg

It seems like there's no easy way to get these in the States. If there's a way to do a payment plan though I'm definitely in

Don't care since I can't (won't spend the time/money to chase on down) get one. :)

Looks cool though.

it looks nice. Question will be how they do the paint up not that... I think they should have brought in the sarlacc on the base.
Because of price I think I stick with the new Sideshow one..

now show me Vader :)

It's a great statue,

Makes me think of the Star Wars Unleashed figurine.
boba_fett_unleashed_by_crash1973-d57klkg.jpg

I agree that the Sarlaac would have been welcome.

I know it's getting unpopular but I still like fabrics on my statues so I'll stick with the SSC one.
Anyway, it is out of my league price wise. :gah:

The best thing I've done this year was i cancelled my Fett and Vader PO's. XM just takes this hobby to a whole new level. And for that i take my hat off. You make this hobby exciting again. You guys nailed this one.

It's a great statue,

Makes me think of the Star Wars Unleashed figurine.
View attachment 205861

I agree that the Sarlaac would have been welcome.

I know it's getting unpopular but I still like fabrics on my statues so I'll stick with the SSC one.
Anyway, it is out of my league price wise. :gah:

yeah I remember the unleashed figure, it' small and the colors are incredibly bland but for like $20 it's pretty amazing. The outstretched hand always bother me :| feel like it should have a thermal detonator in it instead of being empty :|

A buddy of mine stuck a small light under his Unleashed Boba, so it lit up all the fire. A cheap little light made that figure rock!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

The best thing I've done this year was i cancelled my Fett and Vader PO's. XM just takes this hobby to a whole new level. And for that i take my hat off. You make this hobby exciting again. You guys nailed this one.

Is there a connect to help get XM pieces in the states?

i will hold my judgement til i see the actual sculpt and the paint apps.
I agree the concept art is fantastic, but it all goes down to final product.
I'm from asia so i could get this but i'm also keeping my SS boba premium format order.

Hyperbole much?

Time will tell how well this translates into actual sculpt, but both SS and Hot Toys are putting out phenomenal 1/4 Fett's that are both more affordable and easier for most to obtain. If what they are doing isn't exciting enough, well, I guess pass that kool-aid you are drinking on over here.

This doesn't look bad so far, but there is alot of great Fett offerings right now. Of course they only have to satisfy their particular market, but when I look at this, I am not seeing why I would be inclined to seek this out over the others, price aside.

Hyperbole much?

Time will tell how well this translates into actual sculpt, but both SS and Hot Toys are putting out phenomenal 1/4 Fett's that are both more affordable and easier for most to obtain. If what they are doing isn't exciting enough, well, I guess pass that kool-aid you are drinking on over here.

This doesn't look bad so far, but there is alot of great Fett offerings right now. Of course they only have to satisfy their particular market, but when I look at this, I am not seeing why I would be inclined to seek this out over the others, price aside.

Ohhh Fiesty!!! I like it. Listen bro, the only reason i said what i said is that i thought SS for the longest time now are the only company capable out there of giving us SW collectibles and HT to some extent.

I'm not insinuating here that SS Fett and Vader sucks thats why i dropped my PO. I actually think their pretty awesome. Thats why i POed them in the first place. But on the same token i also think that this statue though still a concept has all the potential to rival and surpass SS, HT or GG regardless of price and availability. And my faith in XM i guess might seem disturbing to you but i trust this company in that i own a lot of XM stuff and so far they have not failed in every single aspect to pull it off and deliver. But thats just me. That's my honest opinion.

People who can't tolerate other peoples opinion is just plain insecure. And theres no need to bring up racial and snide remarks here like cool aid or something just because your opinion don't agree with mine. Lets keep it civilized.

Just my 0.02, but to me there's a huge difference between this concept and the ones from Sideshow and Hot Toys. And the difference is that here you have a mid flight pose, something that the Sideshow piece doesn't have and that the HT pieces can't achieve (not naturally, at least). Imho, this is no joke when you consider design and engineering.
This is not do diminish the Sideshow PF, that's certainly a solid alternative, especially since it comes at half the price of the XM version for most of us. Just pointing it out that sometimes, certain comments sound more like fox and grape than actual criticism (not directed at Tbolt, generally speaking), I recall that when Sideshow teased their Jango PF with the jetpack effect everyone was excited about it, now suddenly the same people don't seem convinced on a statue that has a similar concept and a more dynamic pose. Sounds weird.

Btw, I'll echo the same thing I said at the time about the Jango PF: I've never seen a solid smoke effect being done properly with resin, so I'll hold my judgement about it until I see the finished proto (of Boba or of Mysterio, since he has a similar effect).

Back