BEST DECKARD FIGURE EVER thanx to kind eBayers!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sladesuperagent

Mine's bigger.
Reaction score
I know A LOT of people on this board knock eBay. I've been a eBayer since the early days (1999--my password is four characters!) and I've had some problems--in fact I never received the items in the first auction I ever won. But I had a really nice experience the past two weeks and I would like to share it with all you eBay naysayers.

Two weeks ago I picked up the famed Android Hunter Deckard figure. It's been on my 1/6 radar for a LOOONG time and their prices have been getting a little higher these days, so I finally bit the bullet and picked one up for $108 shipped. A little high, true, but I've been wanting the figure since I first saw it years ago (it's been around since at least 2001). And I as much I love the first 3 CRM Toys figures, I wasn't dropping $250+ on a crappier looking Deckard.

deckard-doll.jpg

So I get the figure and he's a sweet as I knew he'd be. The outfit is designed really well and the gun is die-cast, which counts for something in my book. The first head they released it with is aweful, but typical for the time. The second head (called Version 3 for some reason, can anyone here tell me why?) is a much better likeness of Harrison Ford and the person I bought the figure from knew this because that's the head that came on the figure. But I notice a small scratch in the paint under the nose-nothing all that bad, but it was enough for me to wanna check to see if the seller had another head lying around. Sure enough the seller just had sold another Android Hunter...and for $71+S&H. So I quickly contacted him to see if he'd swap heads, since I paid $30 more for my Deckard.

DSC06299.jpg

He got back to me and did me on better. He said he'd send me the even nicer Frontline head, painted, and already attached to Dragon body FOR FREE! All I had to do was pay S&H! I was floored. I thought he'd at least want $20-$30 for it.

DSC06292.jpg

DSC06294.jpg

DSC06297.jpg

Just shows that there is kindness out there, even on evilbay. And now my Deckard kicks skin job ass!

Hey Slade, the BEST Dekard figure out there is from the same company that makes the Crime Cure Boy from Clockwork Orange:

2187_01.jpg
2187_02.jpg
2187_05.jpg
2187_06.jpg
2187_08.jpg
2187_03.jpg

I have to totally disagree! That sculpt is really lame. The tailoring is nice, but the whole package is not nice enough to drop $250 plus on it. And when you compare the CRM Toys Deckard to their previous figures...

DSC05508.jpg

IMG_0094.jpg

DSC06073.jpg

...Deckard looks like a *********. I'll stick with the great deal I got this week. And here's to hoping that CRM Toys steps it up with their ONE figure this year.

i dunno. while the CRM looks like it has a nicer tailored coat, everything else looks better on the Android Hunter. shirt pattern is more accurate, Frontline head is the best Ford likeness out there except perhaps Arnie Kim's. nice diecast gun.

I agree. Android Hunter coat sucks, but the oufit itself is better. I don't care for either sculpt, but the Android Hunter is marginally better IMO.

Well Slade, the Frontline HS looks like a pruned raisin. Maybe you are just rationalizing why not to pay $300 for the CRM version which is understandable. Personally, I think it's more Harrison Ford than Frontline or the Time Wave Zero AH v.3. Anyway, Android Hunter v.1 had the unpainted chrome blaster and v.2 was the same lame HS with a metallic black painted blaster that came with v.3 only v.3 has the Time Wave Zero HS.

android1.jpg
android3.jpg

No offence guys, but I dislike both versions. I'm a die hard Blade Runner fan, and I want better. I just wait until the right Deckard comes along. Together with Batty, Pris, Leon, Zhora, Rachel, Gaff, Holden, Bryant, Chew, JF Sebastian, and of course Tyrell.
Well, Rick, Rachel, Tyrell and Betty are top of my list. The others: I take 'em, if they make 'em! So again I say: Sideshow, please get the rights to do Blade Runner!!!!

Sorry Alice but the license holder will not make the license available. Sideshow already looked into this.

dekadentdave said:
Sorry Alice but the license holder will not make the license available. Sideshow already looked into this.
They did?! I wasn't aware of that! Must have missed the info. What a shame! I knew there were serious issues regarding the License, making it ultra hard to get an ok for 12" figures or other merchandise. Bummer.

Yes it was posted here a few weeks back, might have been by shaithis77 (can't remember the guy's name) who's the licensing guy at SS. That's why CRM did their annual unlicensed figure ala Crime Cure Alex and Mr. Torrance.

Personally I did not like the Nicholson HS on the Mr. Torrance figure. Crime Cure is the best HS they have done. I agree the Deckard HS may not be the best likeness of Ford but I think it's the best one out there and the best one anyone is likely to get.

dekadentdave said:
Yes it was posted here a few weeks back, might have been by shaithis77 (can't remember the guy's name) who's the licensing guy at SS. That's why CRM did their annual unlicensed figure ala Crime Cure Alex and Mr. Torrance.

Personally I did not like the Nicholson HS on the Mr. Torrance figure. Crime Cure is the best HS they have done. I agree the Deckard HS may not be the best likeness of Ford but I think it's the best one out there and the best one anyone is likely to get.

You've really not seen the best of what CRM has done until you've held the Travis Bickle Taxi Driver in your hands. It's the nicest 1/6 figure I own--hands down.

Yeah, there is a slight raisin-esque look to the Frontline Harrison sculpt, but I prefer the attempts at texturing his look as opposed to the plain look of the CRM version. CRM is better at tailoring though, as seen w/ Torrance and Travis Bickle figures. I couldn't believe they satin-lined Torrance's coat!

Absolutely! And to think what they could do if they made a Ramirez figure from Highlander. That would be AWESOME!!!

2187_05.jpg

Professionally looking clothes (bit baggy) but he looks too much like Pierce Bronson to me. The Sideshow Han is better, IMHO. But it's better than this face...

DSC06292.jpg

Looks like it was sculpted out of clay. Just not that appealing to me.

DSC06299.jpg

The V.3 is a beautiful sculpt. The painting is fine. If anyone is looking for an ultimate, they should send a V3 to Customikey for a repaint. He did my Batty and made the head 300% better.

Last edited:
Not impressed with the Blade Runner from CRM... too pricey for a good likeness of Steve Guttenberg :lol And while I have not seen one in person, the tailoring (while nicer looking material) seems very dumpy and a bit loose compared to CRMs previous figures.

I have the V3 Android Hunter and really love the figure... the Frontline head sculpt looks pretty good though. And if I'm not mistaken Les or Mikey did an excellent paint up of one for Batty.

And in case you want to accuse my liking the Android Hunter better because of price... I also own the CRM Torrance figure :D

galactiboy said:
And if I'm not mistaken Les or Mikey did an excellent paint up of one for Batty.

Customikey repainted a Batty for GDB. :D Maybe someday he could repaint a GDB for Batty. :lol

But I think Darklord Dave painted a Frontline Deckard for himself.

Last edited:
dekadentdave said:
Absolutely! And to think what they could do if they made a Ramirez figure from Highlander. That would be AWESOME!!!
hell yeah!

funny, i thought that crm looked like Pierce Bronson too.

I've been interested in buying an Android Hunter, but never figured out which one was which. So there are three versions, and the latest V3 is the best of the three?
Which of the three is the cheapest?
Is there anything different other then the head sculpt between the three versions (I heard something about the gun being different)?

My understanding is that the V3 head is just a custom that has been commonly sold as an upgrade to the figure. As far as I know they were added after the figures were on the market. The original headsculpt (which usually accompanies a V3) is about as generic a looking one as you can find, and is about a 1/2 step up from a Ken Doll.

However, I've never seen a V2 listed... so I have no idea why the more common upgrade is a version 3? Not sure about the guns being different, but I think there are 2 different colored holsters. Mine is a cream color and I think the other was black or brown?

But of the figures, definitely buy a V3. And maybe upgrade the head to a frontline if you really want to get fancy. I'm okay with the V3 as is.

Back