XM Studios Joker - KNIGHT of the RISING SUN 1/4 Premium Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grumpy Bear

Super Freak
Reaction score
"Some concept we have for XM Joker....thanks to kobe for the illustration." XM FB

11013349_1581385112082182_7017740507618127835_n.jpg

Bold and stylize at the same time. Mr. Green likes. Not sure how they'll do the coat/jacket. Again, lots won't be able to buy it, pricewise and/or accessibility.

So far only Samurai Batman has caught my attention on any level, but this one is loads better than Ninja Catwoman (as it currently stands.) That said, it's still nothing that I'd want, but the Yakuza is a perfect statue theme for Joker, and it really works well. I mean, these seem to be straight up design drawings (aside from Batman, who looked like a finished before computer generated WIP drawing) of the characters, and I could see this one going in some really cool directions.

I think the best use of this character would be to have a beaten/bloodied young Jason Todd laid out on the ground, with this Joker standing over him. It fits in some of the Batman lore thematic elements, while also keeping up with the Yakuza beatdown look that this Joker has. It'll be interesting to see where they go with this one, and with future rogues with the Rising Sun Japanese theme, but outside of Batman, they still don't pull at my wallet on any level.

Is this a joke?

Not as much of a joke as the last three Star Wars movies were. :monkey3

Anyhoo, I'm not keen on a tatted up version of Joker but I'll reserve judgement until it's completed and printed. I do think this concept of Joker is better than CW they previewed, but Batman is by far the best of the three imo.

I don't see how they would get approval for this version. I mean, it looks like a straight up Joker? Minus the switchouts, does not deviate enough, and as such, is not really that interesting to me. Thought they were at least on the right track to do something interesting with Batman, Catwoman though is terrible. They should probably refine their ideas a bit more before blasting them out there. I mean, Batman at least looks like it had some time/thought put into the concept, but again, I think they may have some issues getting certain on the nose Bats elements through.

Even if these were widely available, I have no interest personally. 1/4 takes up alot of space as is, without getting into things that have no meaning to me. Hence why I don't go for the COTD line either. No connection. I suppose this sort of thing might actually be a hit in it's intended market though.

I don't see how they would get approval for this version. I mean, it looks like a straight up Joker? Minus the switchouts, does not deviate enough, and as such, is not really that interesting to me. Thought they were at least on the right track to do something interesting with Batman, Catwoman though is terrible. They should probably refine their ideas a bit more before blasting them out there. I mean, Batman at least looks like it had some time/thought put into the concept, but again, I think they may have some issues getting certain on the nose Bats elements through.

Even if these were widely available, I have no interest personally. 1/4 takes up alot of space as is, without getting into things that have no meaning to me. Hence why I don't go for the COTD line either. No connection. I suppose this sort of thing might actually be a hit in it's intended market though.

I think these are just concept art pieces...not even WIPs of the actual poses or styles of how the final pieces will look. Batman is, but I think someone said he already goes up for PO in September? But yeah, I think these guys are just "Here's how they'll look style wise," over how the bases or environment will actually be around them. Not saying they'll end up better or worse, or that those who don't have interest in them all of a sudden will, but I think they're just throwing out some art to get people talking.

I mean, even if you hate this and all of a sudden they delivered a really cool looking Yakuza Joker, even if you didn't want it, you'd likely say, "Well, they definitely did better than I originally thought," which is what I'm guessing they're doing. It's all just getting a buzz and throwing out their concepts -- though I also think that Batman is the only one that I'd consider purchasing, and that's because you could actually imagine Batman going to Japan and dressing like that.

The tattoo probably was the influence from Suicide Squad?

Just a coincidence. Each character has a Japanese thematic element, and Joker's seems to be the Yakuza, who are known to have plenty of tattoos/body art.

I think this is actually an interesting take and while I probably wont' get it, I do like that XM is not afraid to go outside the box in terms of design

It looks big time underground. Like Fight Club Joker. I like the concept though. It's funny because when I see it, I think of the SP episode where Bill Gates fights Kaz Hirai, haha!

ibfVAYKqnyaQNE.gif

So far only Samurai Batman has caught my attention on any level, but this one is loads better than Ninja Catwoman (as it currently stands.) That said, it's still nothing that I'd want, but the Yakuza is a perfect statue theme for Joker, and it really works well. I mean, these seem to be straight up design drawings (aside from Batman, who looked like a finished before computer generated WIP drawing) of the characters, and I could see this one going in some really cool directions.

I think the best use of this character would be to have a beaten/bloodied young Jason Todd laid out on the ground, with this Joker standing over him. It fits in some of the Batman lore thematic elements, while also keeping up with the Yakuza beatdown look that this Joker has. It'll be interesting to see where they go with this one, and with future rogues with the Rising Sun Japanese theme, but outside of Batman, they still don't pull at my wallet on any level.

That is a great idea. That would peak my interest. Honestly the more more I look at the protos the better it gets. Might have jumped the gun on this earlier calling it a joke... although it is Joker. If it has a removable coat and the Jason Todd base, I would like it a lot more.

It's funny seeing people on here and Facebook bashing all over concept art for a statue they have no chance of PO'ing lol

I think these are just concept art pieces...not even WIPs of the actual poses or styles of how the final pieces will look. Batman is, but I think someone said he already goes up for PO in September? But yeah, I think these guys are just "Here's how they'll look style wise," over how the bases or environment will actually be around them. Not saying they'll end up better or worse, or that those who don't have interest in them all of a sudden will, but I think they're just throwing out some art to get people talking.

I mean, even if you hate this and all of a sudden they delivered a really cool looking Yakuza Joker, even if you didn't want it, you'd likely say, "Well, they definitely did better than I originally thought," which is what I'm guessing they're doing. It's all just getting a buzz and throwing out their concepts -- though I also think that Batman is the only one that I'd consider purchasing, and that's because you could actually imagine Batman going to Japan and dressing like that.

Just a coincidence. Each character has a Japanese thematic element, and Joker's seems to be the Yakuza, who are known to have plenty of tattoos/body art.
:goodpost:

Hmmm not the Joker I grew up with

E97oHOJ_zpsdaa64051.gif

:lol

Of course it isn't, they are trying to do something new.

Back