1/4th quarter scale Indiana Jones figure - wip Diamond Select mod

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

agliarept

Super Freak
Reaction score
been ages since i've had anything to show

really wanted a 1/4th indy in my collection. unfortunately there isn't much being offer aside from the Diamond Select version. For years i've seen the stock images of it and it just looked awful. luckily however i decided i could make it look a little better, so after paying 30 bucks for a brand new figure I went to work.

Before:
indiana-jones-scale-action-figure.jpg
Indy_holdingIdol_closeup_white_1228865823.jpg

After:
IMG_1330.JPG
IMG_1331.JPG
IMG_1328.JPG
IMG_1324.JPG
IMG_1321.JPG
IMG_1320.JPG

What I did:
Padded the torso
added sideshow bag
weather the shirt
re-molded the terrible plastic hat
added sideshow belt & holster
added 1/4 light up torch.

What i'd like to do
re-weather shirt, pants, and jacket
replace jacket with better one. leather?
shorten body or replace with enterbay body
buy better pistol - the included one is terrible!
re shape lasso whip
re paint idol in metallic paint
create custom base
re-paint face and body.

what do all think? I almost gave up on this fig early this week but I'm quit happy with it now. not perfect but what a difference some little things did to it.

question
Where can I get a replacement jacket done for this figure and body?

Nice work, definately an improvement. You are making great progress.

Dammit man, I thought from the thread title that Enterbay or Hot Toys had just added to their 1/4 line! :D

Nice custom though, shaping up nicely!

lol I wish enterbay had an Indy for us. sadly this is the art asylum fig im working on. lol if we cross out fingers for long enough Enterbay will come through!

Looks better for sure! I'd get rid of the silver snaps on the shirt and let it hang open naturally. Do a tea bath on the shirt and scuff up the jacket & boots with light sandpaper or an acrylic wash. Use two-sided tape or toupee tape from the beauty supply to fix the collar on the jacket. Hitch up the pants a little or perhaps take the midsection of the body out. He's way too long and lanky.

Obviously these are just suggestions. He's off to a great start! Glad I had the bag and belt for you to help get started!

You're doing an awesome job!

Back in the day - it seems like a lifetime ago - I was an Art Asylum/DST apologist. They had SO many issues with their non-legends figures, mainly because they kept cutting corners. The Trek line started SO Great when Art Asylum handled it - and by the time DST took over, it was a steaming pile. Bad sculpts, scale issues all over the place, obvious cost-cutting in paint and materials. Announcing products and then cancelling them. By the end it was just...ugh.

Anyway, on to the topic at hand, the body on this one is just hideous. It was originally sculpted/designed for a 1/4 scale Bruce Lee by Art Asylum, and DST decided to just reuse it for a few different figures. The lankiness WORKED on Lee, and for the time it was released it wasn't bad at that price point. But fast forward a few years and throw in characters with MUCH different body types and...eewww.

You're doing great things with it, though! Good luck, I can't wait to see how it ends up.

thanks a lot for the feedback all!

bmarz1000, thanks a lot for the bag it really helped! and I hadn't thought about doing all of those mods you mentioned either so I am going to get started on those this weekend. I am planning on cutting the torso for sure just gotta sit myself down and really plan it out

Looks better for sure! I'd get rid of the silver snaps on the shirt and let it hang open naturally. Do a tea bath on the shirt and scuff up the jacket & boots with light sandpaper or an acrylic wash. Use two-sided tape or toupee tape from the beauty supply to fix the collar on the jacket. Hitch up the pants a little or perhaps take the midsection of the body out. He's way too long and lanky.

Obviously these are just suggestions. He's off to a great start! Glad I had the bag and belt for you to help get started!

I have this but have never taken it out of it's gigantic shipping box. The likeness is there in the sculpt, it is everything else that throws it off.

Did you use a blowdryer on the hat? That is at least the one thing I have to do to it if it ever sees the light of day.

what i did to the hat was did it boiling hot water and then quickly reshape it and freeze it with cold water. risky, but its the only method thats helps it not go back to its original shape. so far a week in and its held its new shape.

I have this but have never taken it out of it's gigantic shipping box. The likeness is there in the sculpt, it is everything else that throws it off.

Did you use a blowdryer on the hat? That is at least the one thing I have to do to it if it ever sees the light of day.

what i did to the hat was did it boiling hot water and then quickly reshape it and freeze it with cold water. risky, but its the only method thats helps it not go back to its original shape. so far a week in and its held its new shape.

Thanks, I will give that a shot when the time comes.

It's really not risky at all, I have use this method successfully for tons of warped and bent accessories, to loosen joints, and even completely reshape stuff. I know a lot of people swear by the hair dryer but, too me, that seems a lot more risky. I've never had any adverse effects from using the old boiling water trick. It's pretty quick, you normally don't have to leave the part in the water for very long, 10-20 seconds at most usually does the trick, and it heats evenly.

been ages since i've had anything to show

really wanted a 1/4th indy in my collection. unfortunately there isn't much being offer aside from the Diamond Select version. For years i've seen the stock images of it and it just looked awful. luckily however i decided i could make it look a little better, so after paying 30 bucks for a brand new figure I went to work.

Before:
View attachment 201745
View attachment 201746

After:
View attachment 201747
View attachment 201748
View attachment 201749
View attachment 201750
View attachment 201751
View attachment 201752

What I did:
Padded the torso
added sideshow bag
weather the shirt
re-molded the terrible plastic hat
added sideshow belt & holster
added 1/4 light up torch.

What i'd like to do
re-weather shirt, pants, and jacket
replace jacket with better one. leather?
shorten body or replace with enterbay body
buy better pistol - the included one is terrible!
re shape lasso whip
re paint idol in metallic paint
create custom base
re-paint face and body.

what do all think? I almost gave up on this fig early this week but I'm quit happy with it now. not perfect but what a difference some little things did to it.

question
Where can I get a replacement jacket done for this figure and body?

Great work! vast improvement :clap

just a little update, snagged one of the new 1/4th scale bodies to use as a new base for this figure. hopefully it will vastly improve how it looks, will post a pic once it arrived :)

161CO03_Male-Body-18-Inch.jpg

Oh BOY! I can't wait to see how this comes out! What a game-changer! I can't believe they even make these! Not like there's a ton of 1/4 heads out there that need bodies. In your case though it's going to rock!

I'm looking forward to seeing the result. As bmarz stated I just can't believe someone is making these bodies but lucky for you someone is :whip

I am after just the shirt from this figure if anyone has one going for a reasonable price...

I may have the shirt and pants from the ROTLA Sideshow PF figure in my parts bin.. I had custom pants and shirt made for mine.. as well as a custom leather jacket.. So all the originally included clothing I stored away.

Back