1/6 HT Battle-Damaged Robocop Repaint

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dark_Spidey

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Hope it's cool I started another thread for this piece.

This is the new BD Robo from Hot Toys that I've repainted. Same as my other Robocop repaints, this isn't a total makeover as I kept the factory paintjob as a base color for my transparent paints.

Just so we're clear I realize this isn't movie accurate^^ I just wanted to show my own personal take :wink1:

The first step was to add some dark blue shading pretty much all over the suit. Then I painted shadows using tamiya smoke and a drop of flat black. The purple reflections were added last.

All the bullet holes and scratches, BD effets, were redone so as to give eveything more contrast. He's also got some washes here and there to simulate dirt and oil leaks.

Sorry I didn't take "Before" pictures, but if you own this figure or simply know it well enough from reviews and whatnot then hopefully you can tell the difference^^

I hope you like the result :)

Last edited:
Nope it's terrible...you should give this up & never do another one again!!

:p:p:p:p:p:p

Just kidding looks awesome another stellar effort, you sir are a master :clap:clap

Neil

Regardless movie accurate or not, You did one hell of awesome job!!!!!!!!!!! I love it!

Looking real good, although having both the BD Robo and an awesomely repainted MMS202 (thanks to DS here), the BD looks soooo much better out of the box. And DS has only improved on it! Made an already good figure sublime!

Last edited:
Very nice. It always amazes me how people can do these customs. I don't have the confidence to even try this.

Didn't think there was much room for improvement on the BD version vs the regular one, looks like I was completely wrong.

That looks stunning. You're actually making me want to learn how to do this for myself.

Looks phenomenal - great work! The abdomen is rubber right? Anyway to paint it in a gloss black?

I thought I already commented on this when you first posted it. But anyway, astounding work. Pretty amazing how you took arguably, the best HT figure ever produced and took it to an even higher level.

wow thanks, everyone!

I've contemplating doing a full repaint on this. A lot more work but the end result could be much much better

Back