Statue ARTFX Big Chap

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Genosha175

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Based on the look of a suit judging by the wrinkles on the arms and legs etc. Really like the look of this.

20225_848066618594865_4566383121510327442_n.jpg
11221957_848066688594858_8144404667508685482_n.jpg
11228109_848066598594867_5885766705205930673_n.jpg
11251857_848066611928199_4726197763569415595_n.jpg
11742693_848066608594866_7826514417196867649_n.jpg
11753730_848066708594856_2880847444200281394_n.jpg
11760214_848066698594857_7752684792174543878_n.jpg

Holy crap that looks awesome!!! Something bugs me on the mouth though...

Yeah everything else about it looks amazing! Any idea on the price?

Me too, saw this one the other week and thought it was real nice, if not pretty stylised (not a bad thing in this case) any idea on a scale though? Doesn't look huge.

Actually, I think it is around 1:10, I'll get one, but I'll be hoping for a bigger version.

I hated the material the ARTFX/Kotobukiya AvP statues were made of. They attracted dust more than any collectible I've owned, and it was almost impossible to get it off. Oh and not to mention the tail on my Grid Alien sloped/leaned down to the point that it was touching the base.

This does look great though.

Idunno what it was. Some vinyl-like material. Maybe it was the paint/gloss that caused those problems.

Unless they're enclosed, any vinyl statue Koto puts out is a dust magnet. More so than any other type of material I think. I used to own Koto's ArtFX Batman & Superman, and it was a pain in the ass to dust those every other week. I couldn't just knock the dust off with a makeup brush like on polystone pieces. Instead, a bunch of static electricity would be created and all the dust would just be spread from one spot to another on the statue. I had to wipe it off with a damp cloth, and it sucks to dust like that.

I'd change the thread title to ArtFX+ as to not to mislead people into thinking this'll be 1/6 scale.

When I would dust my grid alien the dust wouldn't move at all. It was literally stuck all over the statue. I had to use a damp cloth to clean it. It was a nightmare that I don't want to endure again.

The more I see this the more I like the pose. It's not one of those generic movie monster poses, it's very subtle and simple and fits Giger's masterpiece very well.

I wish this was a 1/4-1/3 maquette or something. I still might pick it up though, if it doesn't have the dust problem.

So true about koto being dust magnets....they're really hard to dust...vaders cape for example is just velvety enough where the swifter will not take the dust off....you really need to use something that will lift off the dust...

This one looks awesome.Is it up for preorder?

I was asking some of the dealers at Frank n son and they are not aware of the preorders yet for this particular piece...I think once the color sample is available to look at they'll make it available for preorder...

I love the look...the only other figure that comes to mind that has the suitmation wrinkles are the sega hollow vinyl figures...these are likely solid vinyl (PVC) like the rest of their products, perhaps with harder abs or something inside for support areas if needed...

I am really looking forward to this piece. I think it's even more accurate than the neca which has some proportional issues in the head and dome

Looks pretty small. Think I read 1:10 sonewhere.

It'll likely be the same size as the rest of their ArtFX line, which come in at 1:10 and cost about $59.99 US.

I'm a huge fan of the franchise, but this is still wait and see for me. Their 1:10 ArtFX lines can be hit or miss in the paint departments, unlike their superb 1:6 size ArtFX line (ie: their Jim Lee DC statues.) This'll end up being about $100 in the end, so I'll have to love it to warrant the purchase. I don't really have anywhere that I house 1:10 size pieces, so it'd just kind of be out on its own at the moment.

That all said, there's some fantastic details in this piece! If the paint comes out strong and doesn't take away from the details then it'll be tough to not bite. It'd also be great if the smaller mouth was visible within the gap that's currently there. And it'd be awesome if they were to release one from each film!

I'm sure we'll see a finished version closer to Halloween! (Always my guess when it comes to scary figures being previewed in the summer. :lol)

Not sure if this worked, but if you jump to 16:27 you'll see a shot of the Alien with them talking in front of it, so you'll get an idea of the size. It's actually looking closer to 1:7 Bishoujo sizing, which is great! It's next to a Bishoujo figure, and they're pretty much the same height, so I'll probably nab this guy for sure, as that sizing fits in a lot more with pieces that I have on display, and it allows for the details to shine a lot more!

Finished watching the scene and he says there are two products in the ArtFX line that'll focus on Alien...or maybe the franchise. I'd have to guess that it could be Ripley? I guess we'll wait and see! I'd rather some more Aliens, as I'm not sure the likeness in Ripley would be captured, but it'd definitely fit with this sculpt. No mention of the size, but it looks like they expect it to be released mid-late 2016.

This made me realize that a Ripley Bishoujo in her tank top/panties with the spaec suit halfway on, or falling off would be a pretty damn awesome Bishoujo! :lol

That Big Chap is looking amazing! its definitely in 1/10 scale, but ive never been one to be picky on scale. I love the detail, sculpt and the pose!

Back