Alien Resurrection Warrior 1:1 bust Coolprops

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Python

Super Freak
Reaction score
Coolprops Resurrection head taken from the movie prop pictured beneath.

nsmKPjH.jpg

lx5mU8N.jpg

EEerry8.jpg

v4uaslR.jpg

Real prop.

tLaf0aw.jpg

kAyKbIN.jpg

Personally I think ADI have done neither Alien or Predator any sort of justice since they took over from SWS. This creature design, concept and execution is an insult to the idea of the creature to me.

I like this xeno myself, and the Wolf was awesome. I think they did well with what they had to work with. AVP was a mess as they were made to the directors specs, which sucked.

Personally I think ADI have done neither Alien or Predator any sort of justice since they took over from SWS. This creature design, concept and execution is an insult to the idea of the creature to me.

The ADI creatures were the only good thing about those movies.

Really hate this design. I find it kinda an insult to Giger's original design. All I see in it is a giant cockroach, even with the shape of the head and the design under the cowl.
Cameron's/Winston's was cool, it retained most of the bio mechanical elements, even though they made it more bug like with the hands and feet.
I really like the dog alien/runner, it is still surprisingly very bio mechanical if you ignore the terrible neck, but the A:R/AvP design to me, is, just as I think Giger himself said, is a "turd".

I like it very much. As what I said before, personally I don't want to see the same African oversee student dress up in the same suit appears all 4 or even 5 movies. No matter how great the original design it. And there is also a reason why the mechanic looking gets reduced. Someone is gonna to do update version of alien creature, and ADI did a fantastic job. Besides not all giger design looks great, the chestburster is a great example along with some element of the concept dog alien.

I don't want to see the same African oversee student dress up in the same suit appears all 4 or even 5 movies.
This sounds a bit racist. I don't know, I'm not at all a SJW in the slightist but it looks a bit racist.

Also, how is someone updating the design reducing the bio mechanical of it all? It could be redesigned even more so in the industrial way to make it look different. It didn't need to be made to look like a "turd".

This sounds a bit racist. I don't know, I'm not at all a SJW in the slightist but it looks a bit racist.

Also, how is someone updating the design reducing the bio mechanical of it all? It could be redesigned even more so in the industrial way to make it look different. It didn't need to be made to look like a "turd".

I'm sorry for the word I used,but I didn't mean that at all.
What I want to say is, even Giger himself wanted to make the dog alien a lot more organic looking compared with the first one he did. He even threw away the famous alien tongue when he designed the dog. No mention he wanted to totally change skin and muscle also. If you had a chance to watch the making of alien 3, after seeing Giger's drawings of dog alien, you will surely realize even Giger doesn't want to repeat the design by following the same direction, instead he did some drastically, shifting to more organic looking, and he said by himself.
So ADI followed the idea, warrior has more organic looking because of interact of human DNA.
There is not too much different between dog and alien warrior from design wise, since they were mainly designed by ADI. The reason why you much prefer dog alien probably comes with a little input from Giger. So u r a Giger fan for sure.

I was hoping to see this guy as the prototype yesterday, but it didn't show up.
But it's currently under progressing now. Guess we will be able to see it on show in July.

Yeah I wondered where this guy was. I'm interested in seeing how close they can replicate it. They seem to have done a good job with the others..

Since there aren't many hi-res photo of this convention which I can find so far, it's not worth to start a new thread of those, I just put them here real quick.
These are some actual props from the movies currently hold by Coolprops, they all have potential to become the future collectibles.
img_6_zps4m6eedjp.jpg
img_5_zpskugunkou.jpg
img_8_zpsoxug9oec.jpg
img_7_zpsklkzn8po.jpg
img_10_zps4vku0k4s.jpg
img_9_zpsoyv3wrlf.jpg
img_11_zpsurnoksst.jpg
img_13_m_zpsufqojlzi.jpg
img_14_m_zpsir68nm89.jpg
img_12_m_zpsgvpe2ayw.jpg

Wow, great pics, darkmummy. Thanks for posting them. It must be awesome to see that 1/3 scale AvP queen in person, not to mention the other props.

I hope they do eventually make a Resurrection warrior head, although I would prefer if it didn't have that latex webbing over the dome. And it won't look as nice without a neck, but I'll still want it. There are so few quality Alien Resurrection collectibles out there.

Thank you for posting them, I can't see much interest in the AVP:R warrior, but everything else is very cool. Nice to see them teasing prometheus stuff, I like the engineers.

Back