Alien Big Chap 1:1 bust Coolprops

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Python

Super Freak
Reaction score
This is the one I've been waiting for, beautiful!

X31KwAk.jpg

67qRMp4.jpg

T5yw7Nv.jpg

c16i5vL.jpg

4zjTIUD.jpg

l7mbgGv.jpg

nzx8tsf.jpg

FaKsQi7.jpg

This was a nice surprise on a rainy Sunday! I really hope CP can keep their pricing in check for this. Pictures courtesy of darkmummy. I'll update the thread as info is released. Really looking forward to seeing what is lurking beneath that wip dome...

Thanks for making this independent thread!

Just come here to update a few more pics I took. I have to say it looks exactly like my Giger's signed half scale alien head, not quite like my HCG&SS one(the one without shoulder part).

DSC09019_zpsr5g6irlz.jpg
DSC08979_zpsyiy04ima.jpg
DSC09018_zpsgp6anzvi.jpg
DSC08986_zpsd6v6hvcp.jpg

Yeah, I thought of the Giger 1:2 the moment I saw it. I think the base is a bit too big, but I'm happy to see this for sure. Thanks for the extra pictures.

Looks pretty darn good. (Aside from the shots with the Newborn in them... :lol)

the more I look at this the more I think they may have just scanned the 1:2 because all the tooth spacings are the same as that piece (and wrong)

the more I look at this the more I think they may have just scanned the 1:2 because all the tooth spacings are the same as that piece (and wrong)

Nope, if you compare them, there are a fair few differences. I prefer the Giger 1/2, but this is just an early production so may change a bit still. Looks good anyway. Can't expect absolute perfection given the condition of the originals. At least they went with the nicer looking version.

I really like it so far. Best looking 1:1 Big Chap bust so far IMO. Hopefully it doesn't hurt my wallet too bad.

I'm not feeling this one for some reason. Something looks off about it. Also I prefer my busts to have shoulders/upper chest.

Already picturing this in a nice display case with some LEDs against the wall.

Looks not bad.But the head looks a little bit "bulky".The Original was longer if I remember right.
And when the price is so high like the coolprops predatormasks....good night!:lol

I really like it so far. Best looking 1:1 Big Chap bust so far IMO. Hopefully it doesn't hurt my wallet too bad.

None of the previous licensed 1:1s were any good IMO and this seems to have a bulky look and odd shape dome. The only one I have seen that does look good is the MageeFX one. I have never seen one for sale, only the full figure, but supposedly they made just a bust version too.

Yes it looks only "scaled up" from the smaller Giger Alien...which was nice for the size.
But if you only scale up a smaller piece without adding new details it looks "toyish".

Wasn't the HCG mini bust that this seems to be a blown up version of done in collaboration with Giger himself?

That is correct. it was designed and produced under the full supervision of Giger. He also designed the base!!

It isn't the mini bust blown up guys, it's very close for sure which is a good thing imo, but it isn't an exact copy. I think if anything, they used that as a reference which makes sense really as it's arguably the best Big chap head out there.

Back