New Disney Elite Series Diecast Figure Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am so sore about these guys they look so great in pictures but can't catch them in person! I made it to the Disney store a couple hours after they opened on Friday thinking they would have something on hand but all they had was the Flametrooper. I went to order a Rey from the salesclerk and near the end of the process the order was rejected as it suddenly sold out on line. Apparently their shop cart doesn't reserve your item with a ticking clock like Amazon or movie ticket outlets do. I should have ordered a Phasma apparently as she sold out next. I feel like Julia Roberts in that movie where she isn't allowed to shop.

Can somebody please comment on the articulation of these figures? Are they a suitable replacement for The Black Series six inch? The quality seems to be really rather nice

Can somebody please comment on the articulation of these figures? Are they a suitable replacement for The Black Series six inch? The quality seems to be really rather nice
Less articulation than the Hasbro 6", the torso on the Elites is pretty fixed. Can't do much else than swivel at the waist.
The only annoying thing is that the ankles are too weak for the weight of these figures, at least on mine (I have all except the flamethrower).
Other than that, these things are great, for the price. Yes, they have visible screws in the back, and some have seams showing where the 'halves' of the fig fit together, but these are really amazing figures for the price you pay.

From the few youtube and other reviews I've read/seen, the articulation is not as good as BS 6". Apparently the joints are plastic and have some difficultly holding poses due to the weight of the figures, especially in the ankles. I have also heard negative reactions to the screws in the backs of the figures. They are also taller than the 6" figures so they won't mix all that well with BS. Everyone seems to agree that they look good and the heft feels good, but they fall short of action figure and end up being more statue like in the end.

I ordered Phasma, Kylo, FO Trooper, Flame Trooper. From what I've seen, I think I will really enjoy them, but I think if people are looking for the poseability/ playability of the BS will be slightly disappointed. When I receive mine I'll put up some pics and a more detailed view of their articulation.

Edit: ninja'd by ayoldguy1

The youtube videos I have seen so far don't really show off the range of motion with any of the articulation (though minimal). No one even attempts to show if there is a waist swivel. Can anyone with one of these Elite figures confirm if there is a waist swivel?

Additionally, this line does look pretty impressive. I think the fact that they are die-cast and still have basic articulation is a selling point for me. They do seem a bit taller than the standard 6" Black Series scale, but it looks like Rey can fit in. The sculpts, paint and overall likeness of each character seems pretty spot on. And the $24.95 price point is very reasonable. The visible screws do detract from the figures somewhat, but that won't bother me. I plan on displaying them on a shelf anyway.

I plan on getting Kylo, Captain Phasma, and Rey (as well as the Black Series versions). I'll stick to the Black Series to troop build the Stormtroopers.

It's nice to have some other options from a collectors stand point. I wonder if we'll see a second wave. Hope this line continues long-term!

The more I think about these figures the more but hurt I am that I missed out on Rey and Phasma. If anyone wants to trade me theirs for a couple head paint ups, DM me. ;)

Thanks for the info regarding the articulation, guys. Much help!

The more I think about these figures the more but hurt I am that I missed out on Rey and Phasma. If anyone wants to trade me theirs for a couple head paint ups, DM me. ;)

Are they not expected to come back in stock or were they exclusive to Force Friday?

Are they not expected to come back in stock or were they exclusive to Force Friday?

I think they are just sold out from the crazy Force Friday/weekend madness. Once the rush dies down, I would bet on them being back in good supply between now and December 18th

I honestly have no idea but I don't trust my luck at shopping at Disney Stores.

Don't worry Disney wants our money. I think by Christmas these will be back in plentiful supply.

When Frozen won the Oscar, all their dolls sold out for weeks but eventually like one stated the buzz worn down and now they have replenished their stock of Frozen dolls when they said they wouldn't get anymore stock.

Don't let the hype scare you. They will have have plenty of Phasma and all characters from this line by Christmas:lecture

From the few youtube and other reviews I've read/seen, the articulation is not as good as BS 6". Apparently the joints are plastic and have some difficultly holding poses due to the weight of the figures, especially in the ankles. I have also heard negative reactions to the screws in the backs of the figures. They are also taller than the 6" figures so they won't mix all that well with BS. Everyone seems to agree that they look good and the heft feels good, but they fall short of action figure and end up being more statue like in the end.

I ordered Phasma, Kylo, FO Trooper, Flame Trooper. From what I've seen, I think I will really enjoy them, but I think if people are looking for the poseability/ playability of the BS will be slightly disappointed. When I receive mine I'll put up some pics and a more detailed view of their articulation.

Edit: ninja'd by ayoldguy1
I'd agree with what you said. These are definitely more 'statue' than action figure. Those screws in the back were off-putting at first, but these figures have kinda grown on me. They certainly bypass TBS 6" in the aesthetic dept (at least from the front). Judging by the fact that they are almost sold out everywhere (at least here in MY metro area and online), I'm guessing others would agree...

These look pretty good.

Star-Wars-Elite-Series-Legendary-Die-Cast-Action-Figure-Gift-Set.jpg

I have the Kylo Ren incoming (along with the 12 Inch talking Kylo), and couldn`t wait to have this in hand
to see how this new elite line feels...

To bad no funds right now for Phasma and the other Troopers, as i ordered the Hasbro Kylo FX saber plus the HT Kylo...:lsvader

Seems like i have already a new focus after my Darth Talon addiction...:lol

The D23 exclusive boxset with Vader, Boba, Grievous, OT Stormi, Maul, Anakin plus the two Droids, looks also great
and the single packed figures will hopefully drop at the disney store soon...

6 1/2 to 7 1/2 inches. Just large enough to be out of scale with the Black Series. Which is probably the point. This line already seems like a big FU to Hasbro. It would be even worse if they were exactly the same size.

For those who have figures from this line, are you finding that the ankle joints are too weak? I am on all of mine. Any idea how you can tighten them up? Thanks.

I have phasma, 2 troopers, a flame trooper and kylo coming from an online purchase. Hope it ships tomorrow :)

For those who have figures from this line, are you finding that the ankle joints are too weak? I am on all of mine. Any idea how you can tighten them up? Thanks.

I recommend trying future floor polish. Works on most figures and it is removable.

Back