Toybiz 1/6 Gimli Custom + Chamber of Mazarbul diorama (Balin's Tomb)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sankari

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi Guys,
I snatched a pretty cheap Gimli (toy biz 1/6) for about 20$ . I saw a lot of potential in it, proceded to give him a full repaint, give him chainmail, real beard etc. Even made him his own little chamber of Mazarbul diorama, with Balin's tomb. Now I`m only missing the other axes .
pidl2w7.jpg

H4Cq402.jpg

HT8aq8h.jpg

8VnchfH.jpg

T8lpdTf.jpg

y7mPovj.jpg

Pfdv4gr.jpg

CtecKIs.jpg

Great job on that beard - looks amazing! I really liked the ToyBiz Gimli, but thought the articulation was lacking. There were some great tutorials about upgrading the body using DiD's Gimli figuer (now very difficult to find, but the tutorial for the upgraded dwarf body is still great).

Great job on that beard - looks amazing! I really liked the ToyBiz Gimli, but thought the articulation was lacking. There were some great tutorials about upgrading the body using DiD's Gimli figuer (now very difficult to find, but the tutorial for the upgraded dwarf body is still great).
Thanks, the articulation on mine was pretty solid for its age and price range. I'm quite satisfied for the moment. Eventually I might upgrade his clothes. But even the movie costume was lacking real chainmail , and I've already sorted that out

Wow that looks great.

Thanks guys, much appreciated. I thought about getting a sideshow legolas too,but the fabric looks sorta rough for today's standards. For Gimli tho, I`m mostly satisfied with the result, I think I'm going to save up and get some other characters once Asmus releases them ( thranduil, looking at you)

Back