www.1sixth.co.uk New UK based online store

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1sixth.co.uk

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Im new to the site and wanted to say hello and introduce my new site which i have recently launched www.1sixth.co.uk . At the moment we are only currently shipping to the UK but once we have been running for a while i will try and expand to the rest of Europe. We are currently selling Hot Toys Figure and taking Pre-orders. We will be expanding the range of manufacturers over the coming weeks so there will be lots more to see!

If you have any questions or just want to chat feel free to drop me a line :) We also have a Facebook page, so you can message me 1sixth Facebook
Thanks
Alexei
1sixth.co.uk

Hiya :wave

Good luck with your new venture.

A bit of feedback...

You should really finish your website before promoting it/selling. I know it's exciting and you want to get the word out, but don't get ahead of yourself.

Also, the wording on your homepage carousel goes right across the faces of the figures so that you can't see them, it doesn't look very good.

Hi Mate,

Thanks for the feedback! :) Yes very exciting! :) I know your right but was keen to get this two figures up before the pre-order window shuts next week :) Will be adding more stuff today :) I will sort the Banners out today as they have gone a bit weird? text should be bottom left? not sure why its decided to be in the middle? Lol teething problems :)

Thanks
Alexei

It wasn't the addition of other figures I was referring to.

Your blog links to a blog template page, either remove the link until you have one or add your first blog post.

Your social icons point to a different companies pages, point the facebook icon to your own page and remove the others if you don't have any of them.

Your shipping and returns page is a template, update it. Apart from anything else it says that you ship worldwide, which you don't.

None of this looks very professional for new customers and it will harm your search engine ranking too.

Not trying to be negative, just trying to help. I work in digital marketing & SEO so picking apart websites is my job :lecture

After my experience with onesixthbruce (OSB) it will take more than this to get me to part with any pre-order payments!!!

After my experience with onesixthbruce (OSB) it will take more than this to get me to part with any pre-order payments!!!

Hi hennypenny, I hear ya! I'm as annoyed as you are as they still have some of my money. Im hoping i can do the business a little different? Im still writing the Terms and Conditions but this is what i have so far for Pre-Orders, I'm sure it still needs work on how it reads :)

Pre-Orders

Pre-orders may be cancelled at any time and deposits returned in full less any charges made for receipt of payment (paypal charges). Monies taken as deposit will never be used to purchase the product as a way of offsetting the cost to ourselves. But will be held in a seperate account, so that they may be available at any time as a refund. Deposits are only taken to reserve your chosen product.

Thanks
Alexei

So I've been thinking about the whole pre-order side of the business and how people aren't so keen to sign up to this side of the business due to getting burned previously and have decided not to offer a pre-order service. That way your not trusting me with cash for months. I will still order the products but obviously not based on a requirement. What do you guys think? better just to have stock available?
Thanks
Alexei

Hi Alexei,

Best of luck with your new venture.

You posted on Facebook that part of your setting up was your frustration with another dealer's way of running things. One big factor that gained them a lot of custom was that their prices were lower than everybody else. I know that your point is that although your prices are not as competitive, at least collectors will be kept up-to-date and will get their figures on time. However, having had a look around your site I have a question for you. Given that there are a number of other sellers out there with a greater range of products, lower prices and also offer excellent service, what does 1sixth have to offer to make me change my supplier?

Alexei it is very risky mate you will either under order or over order and customers are never guaranteed to buy if the sculpt turns out not as good as the prototype. It works the other way around as you never know which figures will sell out. I got burned on the Crow and a couple of others which are now readily available much cheaper.

I do not know if you are buying from the official UK Sideshow/Hot Toys distributor or not. If you are like me and buy from the official distributor you will have to deal with the price difference that grey importers can offer. I have sold Sideshow and Hot Toys figures since the days of 8" Universal Monsters and the 12" Frankenstein's Monster. It is a lot more competitive now and i wish you lots of luck with your new venture.

Hi Idosprime & Ditch,

It really is a more competitive market, the more i have researched the more difficulties present themselves. I am purchasing direct from the UK Distributor and the margins are so incredibly low, i can now see why some online traders are struggling. Im never going to be able to compete with the grey market importers, i don't know how they are doing it? After a lot of soul searching i have decided to do the following.Only offer stock that i have, Sell items that interest me. This I'm hoping will be a business i will enjoy doing. So there maybe a slight direction change in what i was previously going to do but hopefully i can provide a business people will like and hopefully trust. What i can personally can offer is hopefully the personal touch! Its just me! you can send me an Facebook Message and i will likely respond within a couple of minutes. Whether it be about something on the site, or even just to chat about Movies, interests etc... :)

I really appreciate the openness i have received since i have started! :) Truly is a wonderful community!
Thanks
Alexei

Hi Alexei,

Has you venture finished already? Your Facebook page no longer exists and your site is down?

Back