Sideshow Ralph McQuarrie Stormtrooper Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

furystorm

Super Freak
Reaction score
7336ae4e7dbee7981cde516f4deee8fd_zpskfbw9duv.jpg

Suddenly, I'm finding myself pulled back in. It may be that I'm having the SDCC blues, or that brother Waller is so interested in these pieces too. Looked around, but only found a thread for general information on the line, and Boba Fett of course. Maybe I just felt the urge to open up a new thread. It's been awhile...

Photo credit: Michael Crawford

Last edited:
I'm guessing around $380. 1/5 scale so cheaper than PF but tack on Mickey and they'll jack the price a bit. Either way, it's McQuarrie - I'm in!

That's the one Mythos I kept. But he is far more complex!

And the introductory piece in that line, Maul, was only $250. Here's hoping.

This and Boba were the only things that interested me at this year's con. And the eFX bucket which may never come out. :gah:

The Mythos statues told a story which is probably why I like them so much, so far these Quarrie statues are kind of boring simple looking... I'm on the fence if I'm going to get them or not...

Well, I slept on this again, and...

I still want this! :panic:

I had had all of the Mythos, except for Vader which is strangely still available. I guess they upped the edition size on him too much. I think it was from 2000 to 5000! But yeah, while each told a great story, I only kept the Ben piece. He resonated the most for me. I can see the entire story (six films, yeah yeah) when I look at him.

However, while some may find this new line a bit more boring, I believe they will carry more provenance. Sideshow is mostly faithfully reproducing in three dimensional form, Ralph McQuarrie's truly important work, which ultimately paved the way for us to actually have the gift of Star Wars.

Cue Waller saying I use five dollar words. :lol

I think they should have gone with a bit different color on the base ;p

Also the details on the Fett look "soft". However I would definetely be up for some other troopers, like a mcquarrie sandy and snow (especially love the snow trooper both OT and MCQ, but I passed on SS PF as I was disappointed. HT you are my only hope!)

Screenshot2013-02-02at94652PM_zps1425e1aa.png

snow_trooper___mcquarrie_by_kohse.jpg

mcquarrie_concept_snowtroopers_by_jpc_art.jpg

Back