Statue New Sideshow Godzilla Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Collectorcol

Super Freak
Reaction score
Thought this could do with its own thread. Looks promising.

Awesome pictures by THX217...

IMG_0456_zps8jmxksfi.jpg~original

IMG_1408_zpsdae49tqm.jpg~original

IMG_0549_zpsjcpvhrzj.jpg~original

IMG_0458_zpseo7abppv.jpg~original

IMG_0449_zpszaonc5fy.jpg~original

IMG_0452_zpsamjki2dj.jpg~original

IMG_0466_zps7nzvdiox.jpg~original

IMG_0469_zpssfkf3hg7.jpg~original

why would they make another one when the first is going to be around for a long time?

The way it wasn't teased and just appeared at CC was also strange.
Maybe poor sales provoked producing a cheaper, smaller, version with more attention to detail?

I was looking forward to the Maquette, hoping for a better result here.

Very eager to see this one go up! Hoping for a 1:5 price reminiscent of the Pred/Alien statues, but the $350 exhibited a lot of the current polystone statues is a more likely low end. My guess is $400+.

Is this 1/5th? Guess so, as it looks to be slightly smaller than the PFs around it. I really love how they did the base. Gives it the Godzilla vibe with the colours, all while having his feet crushing it. Love that.

This actually looks really good! I'm not sure I'll be able to pick it up, as there's just far too much out there. But it's a great option for those who don't want the bigger one! The first one was $799.99...so...I'd have to think this one would be $400+...$399.99 would be a great price for this one though. I mean, there's a lot of detail, but it's still fairly...simple. If that makes sense.

It'll be interesting to see where it goes, but as those above me have also said, it looks promising! :lol

He meant the price of the older 1/5 Aliens/Preds from the same "statue" line this is in. This is what like 1/100th scale or something. That is the "cheaper" priced line usually so hoping for around $400.

1:5? He's bigger than a tower block :lol

Yeah, I didn't mean 1:5th in comparison to the actual Godzilla! :lol Yeah, I would think $400 would make the most sense for this one. $399.99 for that "Wow, that's cheaper than $400!" feeling, even though it's just a penny.

It'd be a good size and representation for the character if you like it, that's for sure! Sideshow is going to be really busy this coming year! And if their latest work speaks for what's ahead, then we're all going to be lucky collectors! :)

Love the new photos, hadn't seen some of those shots yet, really stunning details. I get the head proportion is slightly off, but the small details all over are so well done and his face and posture are loaded with attitude. The maquette is a perfect poster-style pose, this one feels taken out of an action moment.

It wasn't too long ago that $300-$400 was standard 1/4 PF price. Scary.

Yea, seems like the prices go up every 3 months now. All it is doing is pushing me into buying a lot less from them. That was one of the main reasons I bailed on Hot Toys for PFs, prices were not that far apart a couple years ago.

I dunno, I see it this way. If you mainly care about size, presence and polystone, you'd go maquette. If you care more about sculpt, paint and film accuracy, you'd be mad not to go for the X-plus - which comes in at around $200 after conversion from Japanese Yen - still cheaper than what this statue will go for, and may even be a little bigger :-/

Will this one have diarhea paint like the Maquette?
Hope not. SS must be well aware of the early critisism of the Maquette.
Although much smaller, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, give it a bit of weight and a better paint job then I'll definitely buy.

(In my experience diarhea has more colour variation than the Maquette :Flush)

Back