Green Lantern Corps movie

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I mean it can't be any worse than the previous one.

Green-Lantern-1-green-lantern-25735623-800-335.gif

I admit it. I'm the only one who liked Ryan Reynolds in the role. I think a lot of what I liked about that movie was Sinestro as well.

Same. Poor script and uninteresting direction were the only problems of 2011 film.

I admit it. I'm the only one who liked Ryan Reynolds in the role. I think a lot of what I liked about that movie was Sinestro as well.

Yea Reynolds was fine, They could keep him and Mark Strong.

Agreed. The actors weren't the problem with that movie.

I'm in the minority but I loved the CGI costumes too. So unique and fit with the energy thing of the Lanterns

Green Lantern was a good film- they needed Sinestro as the villian and that was a huge problem.

You're not the only one. The movie is not the abortion many claim it to be. Reynolds looked the part, CGI was very good, the GLC was cool to see, albeit a bit short and as always Mark Strong slays whatever he's in.

I liked the film fine, you can't really argue against it's faults but the majority had to do really poor editing and a script that was seriously disjointed. This new film is going to use the "Corps" angle to introduce multiple GLs from 2814 which isn't a bad move but definitely reeks of the "leapfrogging" that the JL movie is even taking to catch up. Given it's not due to be out for another five years, I'm sure it'll be a long process.

I am totally like Sinestro on 2011 movie. The script just really poor and lack directing. Its just solo movie comes from nowhere and totally unrelated at all. For sure new one will better since it part of DCU. But seriously 2020

Mark Strong was fantastic and I'd gladly see him back. Reynolds was okay, but yeah, the script held him back a lot. That being said, he didn't seem to do much to elevate it, either.

From everyone who posted about it on my GL Group on FB it apparently really looked like Chris Pine in the concept art. Some even saying it looked like Star Trek poster art or something like that just with GL overlay.

Maybe he'll be cast soon and start this ball rolling.

Green-Lantern-Chris-Pine-Fan-Art.jpg

As for Strong, he was asked in an interview whether or not he'd be back if asked and he declined. Unfortunately that ship has sailed, which is really bad because I have a feeling this film will usher in a whole lot of Corps and rings all over the place.

I'm trying to think of how they could even do a Green Lantern Corps. movie. I mean, I can see how they can do it, but I can't see how it could be the first film. Unless they forgo the solo GL movie and just introduce him in JL.

I agree with everyone here in the sense of the largest problems with that film, but I also didn't care for Deadpool-lite as Hal Jordan. Didn't feel like the character as I think of him. Better to go with a Guy Gardner/G'Nort team-up anyway though, so I'm assuming they will have the wisdom to just do that here.

I just don't want to see tyreese as John Stewart. Worst ****ing casting ever if so. He plays the same character in every movie and I'm just waiting for him to go "I'm a green lantern brah" "Yo kilowog, what crawled up yo ass cuz"

Back