The Batman (June 25, 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ben Affleck to Direct and Co-Write Solo Batman Movie - SuperHeroHype

Deadline reports that a new dynamic duo is forming at Warner Bros. Pictures as Ben Affleck is set to co-write the script for an upcoming solo Batman movie with DC Chief Creative Officer Geoff Johns, a film which Affleck will also direct.

No stranger to the dark knight himself, Geoff Johns has written several issues for the character’s solo title in addition to both volumes of Batman: Earth One and Batman’s regular appearances in Justice League. Johns has also been responsible for several episodes of “Smallville,” “Arrow” and “The Flash,” which he co-developed.

The outlet also notes that the pair are reportedly in sync with each other and could have a draft completed as early as the end of the summer, just before Affleck goes to direct his next feature, an adaptation of the Dennis Lehane novel Live By Night. They reveal that the plot for the film will “reflect the Batman character” as he appears after his other DC films. No release date is currently set for the film, though it’s possible another movie in the DC slate will move to make room for the bat.

Re: Ben Affleck Batman film

That's amazing news. I'm a lot more interested in a Batman film directed by Affleck instead Snyder.

It was going to happen. But I'm so glad that its going to happen with Geoff Johns on board. That's terrific.

Great news- Affleck knows his business....

Now for him to make amends with his former BFF Kevin Smith so they could get Paul Dini on board..

So Affleck is directing, staring and co-writing? That's ambitious.

Now for him to make amends with his former BFF Kevin Smith so they could get Paul Dini on board..

Nah.

I hope Ben and the studio realize you don't need to shoe horn other DC characters into a BATMAN movie to make it sell tickets. If it's actually a solo Batman movie, this it's very exciting news.

Nice! Snyder needs to go, never impressed with him.

Bale was only natural as pre-batman Bruce in BB. His "public face" Bruce was cartoony and his Batman was incredibly silly.
Yet we were expected to believe in the pompous seriousness of it all.

I will not have such problem with Affleck because no one is forcing gritty realism down my throat this time.

Yeah that is a good point on Bale. His voice got worse and worse each film.....I am gonna miss some classic lines like, 'I'm not wearing hockey pants'

Back