3A - 1/6 & 1/12 Judge Dredd Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rotfish

How does the wind ever get in here?
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Apologies if there's already a thread for this. Couldn't find one and decided not to clog up the Mezco thread with these now that we really are getting a line.

11702960_10152922449411366_2084130913740945476_n.jpg

10357598_10152922449466366_672821371454137154_n.jpg

10998861_10152922449591366_5372157230705302221_n.jpg

11694783_890114047701859_6013420134727524744_n.jpg

11666269_890114017701862_1799013901635464237_n.jpg

Dredd, Fear, Death (both in color and B&W), and the unpainted Lawmaster are looking good. Glad they're going with the more classic look for Dredd. Can't wait to see more!

Last edited:
Re: 3A - 1/12 Judge Dredd Figures

Definitely getting Judge Fear to go with Judge Death. I still like Mezco's Dredd and Lawmaster, though.

Has Death been released yet? Amazon puts his ship date in October, but could it be that far out?

Awesome man! Do you have anymore photos from the 3A? This is the only thing I could find so far. Want to see it all!

There's also a Judge Fish

Didn't notice Fish in any of the pictures. Sam Slade seems to be the only other figure on that pedestal.

Awesome man! Do you have anymore photos from the 3A? This is the only thing I could find so far. Want to see it all!

Sadly, no. These are the only ones I could find. I, too, want to get a better look.

Thanks, Blade. I was wondering when these would get their own thread.

You can leave Slade out, I'm in for the rest! I've got 2 Judge Deaths on pre-order with BBTS, so now it's just waiting for the other PO's to show up... I know that 3A would still like to do this line in 1/6 scale a ways down, but I don't want to put off these guys on a 'wish and a prayer'.

These look great! :clap

Yes, yes and yes! I'll be picking up all of these bad boys.

I'm less impressed than I thought I would be with these. I think 3A's previous work in this scale outshines these. They don't seem significantly better than the Mezco ones to my eyes. But maybe that's a necessary problem when using pleather-type material.

You know, I like both for different reasons. ThreeA will be cool because it's a whole assortment but Mezco has a cool, more buff superhero look.

I was actually impressed with how similar both company's figures look. They both seem to have the giant shoulder-pads and chin that looks Bisley-inspired, and Mezco's hands, feet, and overall physique also seem based on the Biz. But the somewhat thinner arms and legs on the 3A look more like a classic Dredd.

I think Mezco's Lawmaster is more badass though.

If I were a huge Dredd fan I'd probably just go ahead and get both.

But am I the only one that thinks these came out looking really similar?

But am I the only one that thinks these came out looking really similar?

Nope. But I've still got Mezco's regular on PO and am getting the 3A line as well. I had the Preveiws Exlusive Mexco Dredd on PO until I realized the color of his 'suit' under the cloak. I've dubbed him 'Disco Dredd'... :lol (What kind of cursed Earth is this, anyways? Electric blue? Really?) :wink1:

I'm less impressed than I thought I would be with these. I think 3A's previous work in this scale outshines these. They don't seem significantly better than the Mezco ones to my eyes. But maybe that's a necessary problem when using pleather-type material.

Man thats dissapointing. :( i wanted the exclusive because it looked great with the cloak and extra gun, but that blue is terrible. I was hoping it was the darker blue one.

Mezco Dredd looks miles better than ThreeA's effort, and that's coming from a longstanding fan of both 2000AD and Ashley Wood/ThreeA. That said, the Dark Judges and Sam Slade are all really on-point. Will have to pick up Slade, I loved Robo-Hunter and he's the absolute last character I ever expected to be able to get an action figure of.

I do like Mezco's rendition of Dredd a bit more than 3A's myself, but unfortunately I don't see Mezco doing much else in the way of 2000AD. Even the Lawmaster isn't scheduled for release until winter of 2016, which is long enough out that it could just disappear quietly if sales aren't great. :(

3A has the advantage now of building an entire line that if it does well enough will be realized in 1/6 scale as well (Though not all the characters from what I understand.). Judge death will be my first purchase with 3A, and I'm admittedly a bit nervous how the whole process will pan out. We'll see what I think of the company's products once I have the Judge in hand.

Back