Mondo 1/6 Scale He-man and The Masters of the Universe figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonWes

Super Freak
Reaction score
Idle Hands: SDCC 2015: Mondo's 1:6th Scale Masters Of The Universe Figures

Excited about the possibilities here. Want will depend on styling and price.

sdcc2015mondomastersoftheuniverse6thscalefigureteaser_full.jpg

David Rapoza is designing them. He's the guy who did the more realistic take on MOTU villains that went viral:
Masters of the Universe by DavidRapozaArt on DeviantArt

This weekend at San Diego Comic-Con, you can run right over to the Mondo Booth (#835 ) and see their 1:6th scale Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles action figures...their insane 16 inch Godzilla statue based on their Phantom City Creative designed preview poster for the film...and maybe a Hellboy...if you're lucky....but what you won't see are the seeeeeekret things the crew is keeping hidden for their own MONDOCON!! This October, fans of awesome movies and killer collectibles will descend on a different kind of con, and there, their eyes will drink in a new 1:6th scale line of action figures based on the hulking He-Man and his Masters of the Universe!

When translating the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Mondo took a bit from the original Mirage Comic art, a bit from the original Playmates toy line based on the cartoon series, and threw in their own artistic touches for a look that is instantly recognizable and extremely appealing. Now, when tackling Masters of the Universe, they've got a similar plan of attack. Creative Director-Toys/Collectibles Brock Otterbacher explains "The idea is to take the basic designs of the original figures, some of the art from the original mini comics and packaging, add a bit of realism to them, along with a bit of our own tastes, and create a series of high-end figures that fans like us would be stoked to have. Designed by Dave Rapoza. Sculpted by Ramirez Studios. EPIC."

Yes, the designer inspires much confidence. I can't wait until October when we'll get to see the sculpts.

really anxious to see how these turn out. always wondered how motu characters would look and how they would translate in 1/6 scale.

I hope He-Man's face looks just like that pic. I'm excited.

Man these are figures I've wanted for years. Hope they do well. And hope mondo handles these well. I'd love to have these interact with my hot toys..set up the old DC comic superman v he-man scene...just hope they don't suck.

New preview art on Topless Robot.

mondomotutease.jpeg

to go along with the one from Idlehands:
SDCC%2B2015%2BMondo%2BMasters%2Bof%2Bthe%2BUniverse%2B6th%2BScale%2BFigure%2Bteaser.jpg

So it seems the first sword with the skull on the bottom IS He-man's. Interesting two different artists are bringing in the skull motif to He-man.

Its not really a skull on He-Mans sword but a miniature of Grayskull. So a skull makes sense for He-Man.

On a side note: despite being a skullface, Skeletor rarely (to never) uses the skull as a logo. He is more affiliated with his havoc staff.

Again, they really have to get the bodies right on these. If they can pull that off, everything else should be easy. I can't help but wish these where based off of the Sideshow designs though. Listening to the podcast you can really hear the love in there for the characters. Those statues might be might my first ever.

Agreed. Bodies are the most important. If they really want to do it right, they would have to create one muscle body after the other... :horror
Well, if they created one amazing truly muscular buck they could make a bunch of different characters based off it. At least He-Man and Skeletor.
Probably Tri-Clops and Mer-Man too. Although I would prefer Skeletor get his own skinner more bony body and Merman to actually have scales. Man-At-Arms and Trap-Jaw could share parts. Beastman should have his own ape proportions and Statos would be cool if they gave him feather textured skin.

Back