MONDO - 1/6 Comic Style TMNT Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
11665758_977433698963916_2089480157765580306_n.jpg

View attachment 205954

View attachment 205955

View attachment 205956

View attachment 205957

View attachment 205958

View attachment 205959

View attachment 205960

Leonardo, the stoic leader of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles will be available for the first time in 1/6 Scale starting this Thursday! We first premiered these figures at San Diego Comic-Con in July, and are thrilled to open Pre-Orders this week. Based on the original Eastman & Laird comic book, Leonardo features 25+ points of articulation and interchangeable heads & hands, with weapons & accessories taken right from the pages of the comic book, available for $149.99. This is the first in Mondo's 1/6 Scale TMNT series.

Accessories Include:
- Classic Comic Red Mask Head
- Cartoon Blue Mask Head
- Dual Katana and Scabbards
- 1 set of C-Grip Hands
- 1 set of Climbing Claw Hands
- Unique "Pointing Finger of Leadership" Hand
- 2 Four-Point Shuriken
- 2 Eight-Point Shuriken
- Grappling Hook and Cord
- Utrom Blaster
- Belt with Scabbard Straps
- Pre-Mutation Splinter
- Pre-Mutation Baby Leonardo

Limited to 500, the Mondo Exclusive version will also include Shredder's Destroyed Gauntlet from TMNT Issue #1. The price of the exclusive version is $159.99.

We're also excited to offer a TMNT Subscription (limited to 200), which includes the Mondo Exclusive, limited edition version of all four Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. You will be charged the full amount of each figure (with a $10 discount on each) at the time each becomes available for Pre-Order. We'll will notify you a week before each charge, but once you sign up for this subscription, you won't need to do anything else! The order of figures is as follows - Leonardo, Donatello, Michelangelo, and Raphael, each approximately a month apart.

In addition to receiving all four Mondo Exclusive TMNT figures, once the final Turtle figure ships, you will receive an exclusive screen printed TMNT poster by Jason Edmiston at no additional cost. The cost of the subscription is four payments of $149.99 (a total of $599.96).

--------------------------------------------------------------------

The 1/6 Scale Leonardo Figure will be available for Pre-Order Thursday, August 27th. Please follow us on Twitter for the on sale announcement.

Standing approximately 11 inches in height, and featuring 25+ points of articulation, Leonardo includes interchangeable hands, multiple accessories, and a choice of the classic red mask from the comics, or the famous blue mask from the cartoon series!

All four turtles will be on display (only) at our booth. Pre-Orders will be opening up at a later date!

- 11 inches
- Alternate mask
- Interchangeable hands
- Over 25 points of articulation
- Various weapons

TMNT_Leonardo_-_Mondo_1024x1024.jpeg

11659307_10153344302823260_2343484686534871124_n.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: MONDO - 1/6 Comic Style TMNT Figures Announced

Looks pretty awesome to me. The potential pricing scares me a bit, however...

Yeah don't think they'll be cheap. I'm hoping they at least offer some kind of 4 pack.

I dig these, but at 1/6 scale I would much prefer to get the high end-ish treatment as ThreeZero is doing with the movie characters. These just seem like blown up 6" figures, which we've seen before in some ways. I had a large Playmates Michaelangelo as a kid. I don't think these will be desirable to me if they are over $100.

What are you thinking for price? NECA could probably put these out for $100 each. The Mondo First Turtle at half the size with limited articulation for $65 makes me think these will be in the $175-200 range. I hope not because these are pretty simple action figures that share the same base body from neck to feet. They aren't complex mixed media 1/6 scale figures that typically run in that price range.

I dig these, but at 1/6 scale I would much prefer to get the high end-ish treatment as ThreeZero is doing with the movie characters. These just seem like blown up 6" figures, which we've seen before in some ways. I had a large Playmates Michaelangelo as a kid. I don't think these will be desirable to me if they are over $100.
These will not be desirable to you.

What are you thinking for price? NECA could probably put these out for $100 each. The Mondo First Turtle at half the size with limited articulation for $65 makes me think these will be in the $175-200 range. I hope not, but these are pretty simple action figures that share the same base body from neck to feet. They aren't complex mixed media 1/6 scale figures that typically run in that price range.

Easily $150 if not more...the Iron Giant they did earlier was $300

These are cool looking. I would love to have a 12" representation of the classic turtles. I've also been eyeing those Ikon statues.

Can you guys believe those Sideshow TMNT comiquettes were only $200 when they came out? They would probably be $350 today.

These will not be desirable to you.
You're probably right. But I'm not sure they're going to have success pricing these like high end collectibles if they're really just large versions of toys you can get at Toys R Us. Doesn't seem like they would appeal to many high end collectors, and guys who buy cheap toys for the masses won't want to pay what is being asked.

Not impressed..... just like Karamazov said, they're blown up 6" figures. I'm quite happy with my neca turtles figures I have. Show me 1/6 (1990) movie version figures then we're talking.

Legitimate copies of the 5-6" NECA Mirage style TMNT figures sell for $50-100 each. There are tons of bootlegs on eBay since they were selling for so much money. Playmates has had a stranglehold on the action figure license and has never been successful in sustaining collector figures from the property, so I think there's definitely demand for these. But you're right that there are a ton of TMNT fans used to paying $8 for figures that won't buy these due to the price.

They look cool but not sure if I would pick up Donatello.

I'd pay $300 for all 4. I'm happy with Neca turtles at this point but would like to have those too.

Back