Statue Blizzard Overwatch Tracer

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

apellica

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Tracer Statue resized.jpg

I just got a tracking number for this statue and I should have it in a couple of days. Anyone else ordered this?

P.S. Sorry for the bad picture...it was taken from my iphone during Blizzcon last year.

That's pretty sweet...where did you order that? how much?

It was first shown at Blizzcon 2014. You had to pre-order it thru their Blizzard Gear store online. It was about $150 if I remember correctly. Unfortunately, it's sold out now.

The production piece has a completely different face. It doesn't look nearly as nice as the prototype.

I finally got a chance to take a look at this statue in detail. Please note that I'm not a professional reviewer nor picture taker. I still need to invest in a good camera so the pics you are seeing are from my iphone. So I apologize in advance if they are not as clear as you would like.

BOX:
Tracer - Front Box.JPG
Tracer - Back Box.JPGTracer - Right Side Box.JPGTracer - Left Side Box.JPGTracer - Bottom Box.JPG

The box's design is simple yet elegant design as it portrays the Overwatch logo, characters bio stats, and sample pics nicely.

STATUE:
Tracer - Full Statue View.JPGTracer - Facial Statue View.JPGTracer - Facial 2 Statue View.JPGTracer - Back Statue View.JPGTracer - Front Statue View.JPGTracer - Back 2 Statue View.JPG

From a normal distance view, the action pose looks really nice. The colors are bright and really captures the abilities this character possesses. When you do a close up on her face, this is where I feel the prototype pics are better. It's not terrible, but It is a little bit of a letdown. She does look better at different angles. The statue measures to about 11" high.

PAINT:
Tracer - Paint 1 View.JPGTracer - Paint 2 View.JPGTracer - Paint 3 View.JPG

I might not have the keenest eye when it comes to this category, but I think the paint application is really well done. I really like the colors around her legs and jacket.

BASE:
Tracer - Base View.JPGTracer - Base 2 View.JPG

The base is pretty nice. It's heavier than I expected but it does come with the option to use batteries or an AC Adapter. And yes, they do provide you both right out of the box (even though their website said batteries not included). The battery compartment cover is magnetic which is pretty nice....makes it easy to open and close. However, the only thing that lights up is the orange piece of the Overwatch logo....that's it :gah:. It would of been really cool if they also had that blue band light up as well. I think they could of done it too....such a missed opportunity. It would of probably made the statue more expensive, but I think it would of been worth it.

CONCLUSION
:

Overall, I'm not totally disappointed with this piece. There are several things they did do right and the statue is starting to grow on me the more I look at it. It cost me a total of $155.85 ($5.85 shipping) to get this figure shipped to me. For the price, I feel like I got my monies worth. According to their site, they plan on restocking this statue.

I know my review sucked as I know people are much better at this than I am, but I hoped these pics helped gave you a better perspective of the statue versus what people have already shown.

Yeah it definitely looks worth it especially at the price, and indeed the face is pretty meh. Spot on review imo :)

CONCLUSION[/SIZE]:
[/SIZE]
Overall, I'm not totally disappointed with this piece. There are several things they did do right and the statue is starting to grow on me the more I look at it. It cost me a total of $155.85 ($5.85 shipping) to get this figure shipped to me. For the price, I feel like I got my monies worth. According to their site, they plan on restocking this statue.

I know my review sucked as I know people are much better at this than I am, but I hoped these pics helped gave you a better perspective of the statue versus what people have already shown.

Thanks for the pics and review. I actually don't mind the anime look of the face on the production piece. She looks similar enough to the in game footage I have seen. I emailed Blizzard a couple of days ago inquiring about if and when they are restocking these. The guy who replied said that they are not privy to this info and to keep checking the site. :confused: Strange that customer service don't have ANY knowledge about this.

Thanks for the pics and review. I actually don't mind the anime look of the face on the production piece. She looks similar enough to the in game footage I have seen. I emailed Blizzard a couple of days ago inquiring about if and when they are restocking these. The guy who replied said that they are not privy to this info and to keep checking the site. :confused: Strange that customer service don't have ANY knowledge about this.

They already ran out?

Did they answer? will they restock.

I hope they make more of those for the other Overwatch characters as well :)

This has been out of stock for quite a while. The customer service rep I spoke to was completely clueless as to whether they will get any more. I was very fortunate to find one on ebay for around $10 over retail. I also hope they make some for other characters.

I passed on this one. I didn't like the changes and I was glad I didn't end up pre-ordering early on. Customer Service on this statue has been odd from the beginning I think. I recall some posts on the SF about it.

Sorry for the false hope,bit does anyone have ANY info on the restock for this piece? Been checking once a week for six months

They are restocked now and people are reporting that they have fixed the face

It looks great now. :) I would definitely order one if I wasn't saving up for something else.

Mine shipped today! Glad I was patient. I wonder how many of the 21 heroes they will do. I'd collect the whole set :).

Back