Ahab's Crimson Leader headsculpt

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ahab

Super Freak
Reaction score
Here's a project I started a couple years back after I received the Crimson Cobra Commander. I really enjoyed the figure, but wanted to take a crack at a helmeted sculpt.

I also wanted to maintain the feel of the cobra trooper helmet for CC, so I decided to use it as a base to modify. Looking back it would have been a lot easier to do a completely new sculpt for the helmet. Who knows, I still may do just that... The headsculpt and facemask are all scratch. Still working on buckles and straps for the reveal...

Recently, I purchased the Helmeted CC and was happy to discover that my new sculpt fit the newer figure (after some light demo), as well . I wasn't holding my breathe as the old figure is much smaller...

Here are some work in progress pictures of the sculpt thus far.

Crimson Leader2.jpgCrimson Leader 1.jpg

Cheers,
-Ahab

Thanks for the kind words! I hope to have the headsculpt finished and in silicone within the next couple weeks.

Cheers,
-Ahab

Thanks for the kind words! I hope to have the headsculpt finished and in silicone within the next couple weeks.

Cheers,
-Ahab

So, these are going to look like your mock up and be painted to match the Crimson Commander?

I'm in. :hi5:

Thanks Guys!

The head sculpt is pretty close to done. I'll post progress and finished sculpt soon (probably two weeks as I'm buried at the moment..). Once I get them molded and cast, I'll post images to gauge interest. My hope is to offer painted head sculpts that will fit both the Crimson Commander and his blue counterpart, as well as the bucket for the Crimson CC.

The modded helmet shown above is more of a proof-of-concept to work out the general shapes. I'll create a 100% scratch sculpt helmet based on the finished mod for sale.

Cheers!
-Ahab

Hey All! Sorry so tardy with the replies! But yes I'm still on this and a few dio elements as well...both Star Wars and Joe related. Been off the grid with work and new projects, but back in full swing. I'll keep you updated.

Cheers,
Ahab

Back