Media The Last of Us Part II

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Last of Us 2 (unconfirmed)

Uh oh. Nolan North just pulled a Kevin Conroy on us. :lol

I don't know if a TLOU sequel could work. I adore TLOU but I certainly won't miss the IP if it remains a one-shot deal. After all, the gameplay in TLOU is merely a tweaked Uncharted engine. Naughty Dog could have the same Uncharted/TLOU engine and make a game set in space and it still would work.

I'm hoping, it has nothing to do with Joel & Ellie. But if it did, make Joel a supporting character and make it all about Ellie. They can't do another Father/Daughter love story twice in a row. But it needs some kind of air of love in it, to make you connect to the characters like you did previously.

Certainly is. It was the most riveting game I've ever experienced, by far.

We could get a mother son relationship that plays out differently. But I do want to see something different, even though I think TLoU handled the father daughter thing a little differently and nicely

I think a parent child relationship wouldn't work again, and would be too similar to the storyline of the original. I think it needs to be something completely different. Maybe only involving Ellie as the main character.

I hope it isn't true, the first game ended perfectly. And I agree with Plis, if ND is making another game, hopefully Joel and Ellie aren't in it. I would prefer ND make a new IP.

It was too much of a success for them to not pursue a sequel. But ND knows what they're doing, I'm sure it won't be anything to tarnish the original.

Might be weird, but I think it could be good with a pair of fraternal twins. A girl and guy. Only reason I say that is because it has much more dynamic and adds so much more to a story. The father/daughter thing was my favorite in TLOU, but yeah I can't see them doing it again. Siblings? Now that's something different.

I'm hoping, it has nothing to do with Joel & Ellie.

Agreed. Joel and Ellie's story ended perfectly.

I would prefer the sequel to be set somewhere else like Africa, Asia, Europe or South-America. I find it a bit cliche to see post-apocalyptic worlds set in the USA. I do realize that most video game companies are located in the USA so that's probably why they choose that country as a setting. But I would love to see it set elsewhere. We already know from the Uncharted games that Naught Dog can make foreign countries look amazing.

Just echoing the already-said sentiments, but...

I'd prefer TLOU to exist on its own. But if there must be a sequel, no Joel or Ellie. I don't want grown up Ellie in charge of the camp, or anything like that.

Make a story out of other people existing in the same universe, and it could work well without spoiling what made the first so special.

How about we do a grown up Ellie. I mean they sorta have been teasing it and I can see it work.

I don't know. I'm really on the fence about this. I've had such an attachment to this game. I seriously get a tight chest when I think about it. When it's brought up, my mind goes to all of the moments that just made that game so important. Let's face it, entertainment is important. It doesn't have to be 'real' to change our lives. Joel and Ellie mean something to me. Which is why I would be sad if #2 didn't star them. On the flip side, I feel like I hold their story so dear, I wouldn't want it touched, expanded, etc.

I just don't know what I want. *sigh

I think they're well aware of the love we have the two characters and the relationship they had. They might surprise us, and it may not involve them whatsoever. I mean part of me is really curious what became of the two of them after, but things like that are better left to the imagination. I for one, think they just stayed with Tommy and kept surviving... but part of me thinks Joel feels guilty for lying to Ellie since he was selfish in saving her... but I can't blame him at all really. The world became a really ****** place, and people are worse than the infected... they didn't deserve salvation at this point.

So many people give Joel **** for the ending, it's astonishing and I swear they do it for attention. I can't blame Joel, and from Naughty Dog said once, MANY parents, especially single ones, understand his plight for doing that. People don't realize Joel lost so much at that point, first his wife, which he doesn't even want to talk about, Sarah, the biggest one for him, Tess which he refused to bring up again. He even lost Tommy, at least contact, briefly, and he probably would have lost Tommy again (For good)until he decided to take Ellie himself. You could say he lost Henry after they really bonded, and Sam...but frankly, I actually sorta hated Henry because he seemed like a hopeful moron, and I blame Henry for his treatment of Sam, that led to him dying. Ellie was Joel's breaking point.

Naughty Dog, and an in-game log in the hospital, showed that there were others like Ellie actually, so Joel told her a half-truth; the lie was that they stopped looking. But indeed, humans really were the biggest enemies in the game, in terms of gameplay and story, since they seemed to give Joel and Ellie the biggest problems. It's like Bill says, at least the infected are predictable. Plus...well at that point, what was really there to save? It probably would have caused more problems, such as the hunters maybe stealing cures for example.

When you detach yourself from the story and characters, of course Joel's decision was selfish and terrible.

But when you know the characters, or know someone you would do the same thing for, it's completely different.

Big picture - it's a bad choice. But I would have made the same one.

Back