Starting My First Custom.... 1/6 Scarecrow..... Advice? Tips?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WWEJedi

Super Freak
Reaction score
I have done some pretty good custom Mattel WWE elites over the years with custom clothing and part swapping, but 1/6th customizing is a whole new thing for me. I can't sculpt, I can't paint, so I guess its not customizing, but more like fix ups? I really want some villains to go with Batman, so I decided to start on Scarecrow. All I have is the head picked out right now... so here it is...

kc4fboF.jpg

Any tips, advice, thoughts, or suggestions for this Scarecrow?

first and foremost... loose the word "can't" from your vocabulary! that's not meant as being rude... it's just you CAN do those things... just takes a little time to teach yourself to get good at it, that's all!

you'd be amazed at what you can do if you put your mind to it and get the hang of something!

some dry brushing can go a long way with your customs... very easy to learn and can add a ton of character to your projects. practice on some junk you don't care about then put it to use!

My Kitbash / Customizing rules:

1. Know your limit!
2. eBay is your friend!
3. Be open to criticism
4. Don't be cheap go for the best!
5. Facebook is also your friend! (Lot's of painters, weatherers, sculptors, etc.)
6. Buy what you need (Referring back to Rule No. 1)

Back