Asmus 1/6 horse for indy?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bbl

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi peeps,

Who got the asmus horse for indy? Anyone have some photos they like to share? Been thinking of getting one.

Best,

Robert

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, almost finished my custom saddle and cloth (very hard to get accurate ref on - even the recent SSC statue is wrong.) Was going to post pics later next week. One thing to note - the horse is a little on the large side scale wise, so the Indy I've chosen to go with it uses the German Indy head (largest 1/6 Indy head) and a slightly oversized custom body (expanded Sold Story body) and the "oven mitts" HT gloved hands.

The horse is a really gorgeous piece (better than other 1/6 horses I've seen,) though articulation is more limited than I thought and joints a bit more visible (though for Indy users, not such a big deal due to saddle strap placement hiding it somewhat.) The horse stands "just okay" - not great.

So no iconic poses like hiiyuooo silver? Could you also post pictures of your saddle?

What did you pay for it? Saw a few on evil bay, but their prices would make me buy another stormtrooper in stead.

So no iconic poses like hiiyuooo silver? Could you also post pictures of your saddle?

What did you pay for it? Saw a few on evil bay, but their prices would make me buy another stormtrooper in stead.

I bought direct from Asmus ($135 including worldwide express shipping) and was about to post the link, but they are sold out there.:gah:

Will post pics when I have time in a couple of days. It's basically a saddle, leather cover cloth (covering most of the saddle) and then an Arab-style rug as the saddlecloth.

It's very odd that SSC did their saddle wrong on the statue - if you freezeframe the movie, you can see what it looks like.

And re: articulation, the back legs can do the hi-ho silver thing, but it's a little hard to get a gallop pose because there are no knee joints on the back and the front they don't bend very far. For a while, I considered making a stand but I've found a gallop pose that sorta works pretty well. It still is a very close match to the ROTLA horse and a very realistic sculpt. I love it.

This ebay listing (not mine) is currently only a bit over $100 w/free worldwide shipping, ends in a day or so:

Asmus Toys 1 6 Scale Articulated White Horse ASM CRE001 $1 Reserve | eBay

Damn it's on the evilbay right now and keeps rising.

Where did you get the parts or did you make them from scratch? Yeah SSC has their moments lol.

Yeah i saw it. Hope you post some pics before it ends so i can pull the trigger.

Ps. Looks like we got our own private thread hahah

Best,

Robert

Damn it's on the evilbay right now and keeps rising.

Where did you get the parts or did you make them from scratch? Yeah SSC has their moments lol.

Yeah i saw it. Hope you post some pics before it ends so i can pull the trigger.

Ps. Looks like we got our own private thread hahah

Best,

Robert

I can't post pics for probably another day or two. But just so you understand, the saddle it comes with is not usable for Indy (except the stirrups.) The one I made uses little bits from the Hasbro Taun saddle (I'm building a 1/6 Tauntaun also) but you could use any high-backed Western style saddle. I'm wanting mine to be exactly like the movie saddle, but you could just buy a 1/6 saddle if you're not as picky as me.

If you can get that ebay white horse for around $130 shipped it's a steal. I hunted for a long time for a suitable horse and the options were either around $200 or kinda looked like crap - or both. And hardly any were white. This Asmus one is better than even the three kingdoms/303 white horse, is cheaper, and it has pretty great head/neck articulation.

And the whole Indy thread is kinda like a private thread with a chosen few anyways. Just wait till the Pratt Indy movie comes out - this will be like the Marvel threads.:lol

Crap that's a shame. Maybe a crappy phonepic? I need my indyfix lol. I saw a western saddle for 80 euros on ebay. Have you seen them? Do they suffice?

I might just do that. Thanks for the tips.

Hahaha. Personally it's ford or no indy for me. I'll watch it, but i don't think pratt is indy. Ford has that boring teacher look and is an action hero. Pratt is indy on steroids coming from model school lol. He is fun to watch but not indy.

Back