Mr. Robot

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

azurepred

It's so fluffy!!!
Reaction score
No thread for this? Really liked the first episode. I feel it represents very well what goes on with our economy. Stick it to the man.

Ok, I caught the pilot on On-Demand. Mixed feelings about this. There was a lot of stuff that I just couldn't get into. First off, not a Christian Slater fan. Never have been. Next, this is yet another show about a socially inept nerd. Also, that kid talks in a boring, monotone voice throughout the entire episode. Got tired of that real quick. So right off the bat, I didn't really like the two main characters. :lol

The other thing is, it feels like the bastard son of The Matrix and the video game Watchdogs. Which isn't a bad thing, just saying. I did enjoy the atmosphere and the writing is good. Definitely feels like a movie more than a regular TV show. iunno.. I'll check out future episodes on On-Demand and see if my opinion changes. As of right now, it's basically something for me to check out when absolutely nothing else is on and I'm bored. So it's not a "must-see" show for me right now.

On a side note, the only reason I knew about this show was because previews for it played in the theater when I went to the movies.

the only reason why I'm so interested in it is cause I have a big interest in what is going on in our economy right now. And I wish the main plot of their so called project happened in real life :panic:. I'm sure we all do though, nobody likes being in debt.

Saw this today. It looks really interesting but I have a feeling it's going to get really confusing later. Another, is it real or is it delusion show.

Just watched it. I really enjoyed it. Male Lisbeth Salander with 'Fight Club' attitude voiceover -- I'm in. Show should have been an 1 hour though, not 1.5.

I read the synopsis. Meh, I was expecting an actual robot :(

:lol I also thought that based on the log line on my program guide. I think they're going smarter though.... as much as I'd like to see a mad robot.

I've been working on it since it's been approved for a season. We shot the pilot back in November. It was actually pretty interesting, having seen it for the first time along with everyone. Pretty nice cast and crew to work with. The pilot was 1.5 hrs, every episode should be an hour after that until the finale. And Rami Malek is not 6'0", he's more like 5'7" 5'8" haha :lol

I've been working on it since it's been approved for a season. We shot the pilot back in November. It was actually pretty interesting, having seen it for the first time along with everyone. Pretty nice cast and crew to work with. The pilot was 1.5 hrs, every episode should be an hour after that until the finale. And Rami Malek is not 6'0", he's more like 5'7" 5'8" haha :lol

What do you do on the show? Is it all shot in NY? Must be expensive. But I really like the show. Watched it again tonight with my fiancée and she loved it.

Just background on this one, not too many stunts involved. Yes, they film in NY and are still finishing out the 1st season since it was approved only a few months ago. I know the assistant director and a few other guys working on it so they said if I wasn't working on a project, they could put me in every now on then. :wink1:

That's cool. Do you normally do stunt-work? I had no idea.

It's a great show. Definitely put yourself in there as much as you can.

Last edited:
I've only seen the pilot; rewatched pilot last night with the wife instead of watching Ep 2... but I thought it was very smart and really developed the lead character.

If you like Lisbeth Salander as a charcacter (Girl with Dragon Tattoo) and you like the voice-over style and sensibility of "Fight Club" you should really enjoy the pilot.

After watching the second one, I can see where I'll probably have a hard time in the future keeping things straight. :lol

Show is really trippy. I consider myself a tad anti-social, so can relate to the main character in a couple of ways, sans the hardcore drug use naturally....

Watched the 2nd episode and it surprised me twice. That's really good for a TV show. Definitely my new favorite. Haven't been this excited to see more since probably early "Lost".

2nd episode was very good. I feel bad for all of the women in his life. It seems he likes the blonde as more than just a friend. The druggie chick is cute though too.

Back