Optibotimus Reviews: Hot Toys 1/6th scale "Battle Damaged" Robocop and Alex Murphy

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Optibotimus Reviews: Hot Toys 1/6th scale "Battle Damaged" Robocop and Alex Murp

Thanks for the review, Opti! Be careful about having RoboCop sitting in the chair for long periods, though. One of the posters here had his Robo on display like that for a couple months and when he went to change things up, found that the paints had stuck together at the contact points. He's recommending putting some felt or something between so that they are not in direct contact. Just a head's up!

Last edited:
Re: Optibotimus Reviews: Hot Toys 1/6th scale "Battle Damaged" Robocop and Alex Murp

Thanks for the review, Opti! Be care about having RoboCop sitting in the chair for long periods, though. One of the posters here had his Robo on display like that for a couple months and when he went to change things up, found that the paints had stuck together at the contact points. He's recommending putting some felt or something between so that they are not in direct contact. Just a head's up!

Fantastic piece of advice, thank you! Honestly, i thought you were gonna tell me a horror story about the rubber in his arm degrading from being bent while sitting on the arm rests haha.

Oh, yeah, there is that to consider, too, lol. The arms being bent at 90 degrees for long periods seems to have resulted in the rubber tearing at the elbow for at least a few collectors. :eek: Most of us are sticking to hero poses or the arm with a slight bend for a shooting pose.

Oh, yeah, there is that to consider, too, lol. The arms being bent at 90 degrees for long periods seems to have resulted in the rubber tearing at the elbow for at least a few collectors. :eek: Most of us are sticking to hero poses or the arm with a slight bend for a shooting pose.

That's how i had my original Robocop figure. But getting the BD one, let me bring that chair back out, swap out the unhelmet head and use that as a secondary display. I'll have to take a look at things and see if i can get less stress on the plastic pieces on his elbow

Back