Statue Pop Culture Shock Cammy Revisit

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krec9

Super Freak
Reaction score
This pic was in the newsletter this week with the question do you think this would make a nice statue?

attachment.php

Oh, Cammy would make a nice statue but that boot of a view pose won't. Only the blue version will do.

lmao the pose doesn't work well at other angles.

she looks like she's tripping and derping it.

Wow people on the other board are so angry at one dude speaking his mind, even Jerry LOL. It's amazing how sensitive they get.

Anyway as far as this piece goes the sculpt quality is cool. I like the promise of consistency and accuracy that comes from using the actual in game models. It means you won't have disasters like the previous Chun Li and Cammy that look nothing like the characters. That being said, the only problem I have with the piece (aside form it being made by PCS) is that I'm just not so sure it was a good idea to go for it.

The exact same sculpt at a different angle would look awesome. This is supposed to be her Canon Strike or whatever her "divekick" is so I understand why it is done the way it is done, but the problem here is that she has to be connected to a base instead of someone's head. It just makes her look weird. It's one of those "why did they pick this pose?" problems. No issue with the sculpt or base or even the execution. It is just fundamentally flawed.

That being said if the quality control is good I think it will still look cool in person.

Edit: And in case I wasn't clear, just imagine this exact same sculpt on a diorama instead where she is hitting someone while blocking. Heck, imagine it against Gouken like their Akuma vs Gouken diorama. Suddenly, the pose makes sense and it looks cool. By itself though it is strange. This can be the issue with dynamics sometimes. These sorts of statues naturally go against setting a scene because they are just displayed on their own. A dynamic pose usually requires a specific angle and background and such. This is literally taking a key frame of Cammy's animations and putting it on a base without considering the consequences.

Won't be surprised if it ends up being a big hit though :lol I agree with Jerry that these pieces are sold via photographs. She might look really cool in person.

It'll look good when it's painted. I hope they do other female characters from SF besides Cammy and Chun Li. A Sakura would be nice.

Wow people on the other board are so angry at one dude speaking his mind, even Jerry LOL. It's amazing how sensitive they get.

Anyway as far as this piece goes the sculpt quality is cool. I like the promise of consistency and accuracy that comes from using the actual in game models. It means you won't have disasters like the previous Chun Li and Cammy that look nothing like the characters. That being said, the only problem I have with the piece (aside form it being made by PCS) is that I'm just not so sure it was a good idea to go for it.

The exact same sculpt at a different angle would look awesome. This is supposed to be her Canon Strike or whatever her "divekick" is so I understand why it is done the way it is done, but the problem here is that she has to be connected to a base instead of someone's head. It just makes her look weird. It's one of those "why did they pick this pose?" problems. No issue with the sculpt or base or even the execution. It is just fundamentally flawed.

That being said if the quality control is good I think it will still look cool in person.

Edit: And in case I wasn't clear, just imagine this exact same sculpt on a diorama instead where she is hitting someone while blocking. Heck, imagine it against Gouken like their Akuma vs Gouken diorama. Suddenly, the pose makes sense and it looks cool. By itself though it is strange. This can be the issue with dynamics sometimes. These sorts of statues naturally go against setting a scene because they are just displayed on their own. A dynamic pose usually requires a specific angle and background and such. This is literally taking a key frame of Cammy's animations and putting it on a base without considering the consequences.

Won't be surprised if it ends up being a big hit though :lol I agree with Jerry that these pieces are sold via photographs. She might look really cool in person.

Agree, the kick foot on rock base is weird, like she's basically kicking the rocky ground. "Board don't hit back" as Bruce Lee would say; and in this case the rocky base. Be nice if Jerry add some physical force to highlight her kick and cover the plain rocky base.

Still, Mr. Green will buy to pair up with previous Cammy EX and Bison EX. Just hope her nipples isn't slightly up or horizontal and be realistically slightly down, LOL.

Nah Drahmin is awesome stirring up ****. I've long since added him to ignore list for a long long time cause basically anytime he posts I just feel dumber for reading it. Hell he basically got hounded out of the first thread he even posted in on SF and said he would "stop replying". I'm gonna wait to see it till it finished but atm I do think it could be better, but v0v can wait if Jerry thinks it will turn out well.

Still, Mr. Green will buy to pair up with previous Cammy EX and Bison EX. Just hope her nipples isn't slightly up or horizontal and be realistically slightly down, LOL.

This would actually be one of the few times it makes sense for her nippled not to be down actually :<

Nah Drahmin is awesome stirring up ****. I've long since added him to ignore list for a long long time cause basically anytime he posts I just feel dumber for reading it. Hell he basically got hounded out of the first thread he even posted in on SF and said he would "stop replying". I'm gonna wait to see it till it finished but atm I do think it could be better, but v0v can wait if Jerry thinks it will turn out well.

This would actually be one of the few times it makes sense for her nippled not to be down actually :<

One can assume the wind friction would uplift her nipples as gravity pull her down or somehow she uses her kicking power to kick down but Mr. Pervert still wish that it doesn't look like them breast implant type of nipples. And it better be fabric on her like the original. And please, Jerry, have the blue Shadaloo version ready for PO!

no fabric, action line is all sculpted (mind the odd one, like vega's claws being metal for breakage sake)

Back