XM Studios Spider-Man/MJ diorama

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Golden_Boy

Super Freak
Reaction score
This was just posted by XM...

Hi guys this is xm 1/4 scale Spidey & MJ diorama set...
Thanks to soefara Jafney for the concept art...Mufizal will be doing the sculp...

11407070_1563380417215985_1933424853986136433_n.jpg

11267356_1563380520549308_8316030153739687906_n.jpg

Don't like it. I'll just leave it at that instead of raining on everyone's parade.

It's hard to see how they'll pull it off, but this is all just really rough concept art. Once the computer generated sculpt is shown then we'll get a better idea of how it all actually comes together.

I'm sure Spider-Man will look a lot closer to Spider-Man and a lot less like a guy in pajamas during the next phase! :lol

It'll definitely be interesting to watch this one progress, that's for sure!

I like the concept but I'm not sure how good it'll look sculpted. I have a feeling this will have some big changes.

I'll reserve my judgement until I see the digital mockup. I'm finding a hard time how this will compliment the doc oct, mysterious and kraven. Hopefully XM has a stand alone dynamic spiderman to go with them.

I'm having a hard time seeing it as a sculpt. I like the idea of Spidey and MJ swinging together, but the art concept is not striking me.

From Ben Ang:

"Guys this is actually our Mary Jane statue. It just that we have a spidey to accompany her. We have another spiderman coming."

I like the concept but I'm not sure how good it'll look sculpted. I have a feeling this will have some big changes.

I think that's the main thing...the idea is neat, but it's hard to see how it'll logically come across later. I was thinking maybe they'd just be connected to the building making it look like they're swinging through the air, as it wouldn't be possible to actually have them being held up by an awkwardly shaped piece of webbing.

From Ben Ang:

"Guys this is actually our Mary Jane statue. It just that we have a spidey to accompany her. We have another spiderman coming."

Good to have it all clarified so quickly. I had a feeling this was a separate diorama that wouldn't necessarily fit into their upcoming 1/4 Spidey rogue gallery that's on deck. That all said, they probably wanted to differentiate from Sideshow's MJ solo pose as well...which could be both good and bad. Lots of people loved the Sideshow MJ, so it'd be interesting to see what XM may have done with her if they hadn't gone this Spidey route.

But really, it's almost impossible to judge without the digital mockup of it. It's too hard to understand the geometry of the statue, let alone how the characters will actually look (given that it looks like a really quick concept drawing without much fleshing out of the actual characters aside from basic appearance.)

Would put a deposit on this right now! Great concept and no doubt this will evolve into a display many will desire.

Would put a deposit on this right now! Great concept and no doubt this will evolve into a display many will desire.

Thinking of getting my name on one as well. Pretty sure it will look great once XM finish it.

Not an MJ fan but it's a cool concept. I'm sure it'll look great once XM puts the finishing touches on it. Interesting choice for their 1st ever dio.

I'm still undecided on this one. I like the idea of it but not sure how well it will translate into a 3D form. I mean just take a look at Koto's old spidey dio.

21730.jpg

I have both SSC MJs so this is an easy pass unless they change it to just her. I have SSCs new spider PF on PO so unless the XM one blows me away I'll prob pass on that too.

I can't wrap me head around how the base is going to not look cheesy. That degree of forced perspective is just going to make it look like hey are on and ncredibly shrinking building. Gotta see the full render though to know for sure.

I love the idea, but ground posing would be better. I would have liked MJ by herself if a standalone spidey is happening anyways. I think it'd be cool if they made 3 heads, one of MJ, Gwen, and Felicia. I think that would have been awesome!

But I'll wait to see scans, I might put my name in there; but still a standalone MJ would have been my preferred. Or Mayday Spider Girl.

Outlaw posted it already, but my 1st thought was it reminds me of the Koto.

Interested to see the actual sculpt. This could be surprisingly good. Then again, it could not. It's Spider-Man so I'm already at least intrigued.

Artwork doesn't always translate into what the exact statue will look like, and XM designs/statues in particular go through some changes (Thor, Thanos, Phoenix, Kraven, Doc Oc), so who knows how this will turn out.

Back