Media Final Fantasy 7 Remake!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZombieRepublican

Super Freak
Reaction score
Yes, it's been announced its official. The full HD Final Fantasy Remake. Timed exclusive on PS4

Discuss

Do you think it would hold up to modern times in the eyes of someone unfamiliar with the games?

Yeah I wonder about that too. I'm thinking they may ditch the turn based random battle system. It's kind of hard to see that working in today's age with it up against all the Western action/RPGs. I personally wouldn't mind. I don't have the time and patience now that I did when I was playing it at 16.

I really hope they do not go with a turn based battle system and random battles. **** is so dated. I can't even fathom how people liked gameplay of Lost Odyssey and such. Aggravating.

Why can't we ever have a combat system like NG/DMC/GOW or whatever in an RPG?

Now that I think about it... I think I'm actually more excited to get new figures from this line.

Yeah I have a feeling they'll merge elements of FFXV gameplay into it. I can't stand old school JRPG style gameplay, I hate the grrrind.

Playstation had a brilliant e3, they just brought everyone's dreams come true haha. The only thing that would have made it mind blowing was announce a new Crash Bandicoot or that they bought Kojima lol

Now that I think about it... I think I'm actually more excited to get new figures from this line.

dwpRpRE.gif

They kind of undermined their XV efforts though... like, who cares now??

For the record, I still care.

grew up with turn based RPG, still love turn based RPG. it might only appeal to older gamers, but i couldn't care less about the new wave of action rpgs nowadays. played the original ff7 when i was in middle school. this remake is amazing for me :clap

If they can add an element of strategy to it, then maybe I can deal with it. But VII's turn based is mind numbing today. Just select an enemy and whack. Maybe cast a AOE spell here and there. It's incredibly simple. Persona 3/4 did turn based pretty well, with strategy actually being a part of it and different spells actually meaning something other than "more dmg."

In an action game the calibur of the previous NG's or DMC, there is skill involved so it isn't such a dull process of hitting a single button over with some diagonals in the mix.

And I don't see a point of doing a remake if it's the exact same. Just go play the old FFVII then.

Last edited:
Back