Boondock Saints Prequel TV series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know how'd this even work. They didn't start killing people until the first film... WTF can they even do with this?

Weird, I'd much rather have BS3 but I guess it's better than nothing.

Actually, nothing is better than this. The first film was great and it already showed where they got the idea to become vigilantes in the first place! It didn't even need a sequel. I'll have to watch the sequel again, but I remember being somewhat underwhelmed by it. I thought it lost the grit and somewhat realistic nature of the first film and went into pure action flick territory.

Still, them getting into any sort of "vigilante mischief" in this TV series will only hurt the story of the first film. Do we even want to learn more about them? I mean, they're Irish brothers...they stand up for one another above all else...that's pretty much it. Let's also not forget the need to recast the parts and make them younger.

I'd say either call it a reboot and let it live in its own universe (which is the only way it'd make much sense) or just throw it on its knees, say a prayer and put it out of its misery.

In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti.

boondock-saints-o.gif

The sequel was terrible. Duffy doesn't seem to remember what made the first movie good, so I'd be really surprised if this show doesn't suck.

There didn't need to be a sequel, and Duffy has been trying to get a third film green lit for years.

I haven't finished watching the sequel, but so far what I saw was pretty good and funny, more comedy than the 1st one, which was a good addition.

It wasn't terrible, the 1st one took itself too seriously at times.

The sequel was terrible. Duffy doesn't seem to remember what made the first movie good, so I'd be really surprised if this show doesn't suck.

To be honest, it was good by sheer luck, cause it was a pretty aimless film.

It's good, but I can't watch it without rolling my eyes a few times.

Maybe it deals with their dad?
It doesn't feel like that would be much. I mean they could go with that, but I feel like it will be them younger, leading to their vigilante run.

Honestly, I just can't get behind it. Rather get a BS III.
I haven't finished watching the sequel, but so far what I saw was pretty good and funny, more comedy than the 1st one, which was a good addition.

It wasn't terrible, the 1st one took itself too seriously at times.

I enjoyed it myself as well, though I personally think the first one was funnier. I just went through a Julie Benz phase, and it was the reason why I actually like the second one a lot.

They waited too long for BS II, and what's it going to be? 2019 for BS III? Flannery has kept in shape since he's into martial arts, but Reedus looks like a bloated greasy drunk.

They waited too long for BS II, and what's it going to be? 2019 for BS III? Flannery has kept in shape since he's into martial arts, but Reedus looks like a bloated greasy drunk.

:lol

It looks the opposite to me. Saw Flannery in Dexter, and was shocked at his massive weight gain. Granted it looked like it went to his face, and a bit on his stomach, but still looked decent.

But Reedus does look really greasy in TWD lol.

:lol

It looks the opposite to me. Saw Flannery in Dexter, and was shocked at his massive weight gain. Granted it looked like it went to his face, and a bit on his stomach, but still looked decent.

But Reedus does look really greasy in TWD lol.

Reedus looked in good shape a season or so ago, but it looks like he doesn't take it seriously anymore.

Reedus looked in good shape a season or so ago, but it looks like he doesn't take it seriously anymore.
Last know pic I've seen of him was in SDCC. Not surprised though really. He did look in good shape from season 1 to mid 4 or less.

I just don't think III would happen. You have Julie Benz who looks okay still, and Dafoe who definitely could completely miss the mark.

Eh, it's just sad to see a cool start kind of die off. If I feel they got a good reason for the show, I may check it out. I'm thinking it could be between 1 and 2, though it wouldn't make sense as theyd be in Ireland.

Last know pic I've seen of him was in SDCC. Not surprised though really. He did look in good shape from season 1 to mid 4 or less.

I just don't think III would happen. You have Julie Benz who looks okay still, and Dafoe who definitely could completely miss the mark.

Eh, it's just sad to see a cool start kind of die off. If I feel they got a good reason for the show, I may check it out. I'm thinking it could be between 1 and 2, though it wouldn't make sense as theyd be in Ireland.

Julie Benz can still get it. It was nice seeing her ass in Dexter :lol

Back