American Ultra (2015 film)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Writer of Chronicle ------- check
Director of Project X ----- check
Two actors I can't stand - check

___

Whoohoo!

Soooooooo it's pretty much "Chuck:The Movie" but with a stoner played by Jessie Eisenberg?:lol

this might be the most unrealistic movie I have EVER Seen, there is no way Eisenberg can be a secret agent... this is worse than Lex Luthor.

American Ultra has its tongue firmly planted in cheek but it's also a very well made and highly entertaining film. It made be a bit of a parody and a bit of an homage to the Bourne movies (it even has the town they are in named after the director of the first film) but it never takes any shortcuts and it takes the subject matter seriously even if it looks like it doesn't.

The cast in this is absolutely top notch and they all get their chance to shine. Particularly impressive were the three leads. Eisneberg and Stewart are incredibly likable and Topher Grace is an ******* to the millionth degree. I loved hating him.

This is a film that might get a lot more noticed once it is on HV and that's too bad. It's a terrific film and one of my favourite of the year thus far.

9/10

evil-dead-2-remake-nicolas-cage.jpg

Back