1/6 Hot Toys Tomorrowland

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnny Utah

I learned to hate you in the last 10 years
CF Supporter
Reaction score
11234002_10152805416732344_8314277553278869328_n.jpg

'Disney's latest sci-fi movie, Tomorrowland, starring George Clooney will be hitting theatres this week. With a touch of the pin, anything is possible in this intriguing story. Will you be seeing this film with your family soon?

Stay tuned for Hot Toys' collectible based on this movie in the future.'

I hope it's a figure of George. Sometimes the actor overrides the character, it'd be cool to get a figure of him.

I'm looking forward to this movie a lot; but at the end of the day the figure will likely be george clooney in civilian clothing. I have nothing against such figures and those who collect them but it's not really for me. I'd be more enticed by hugh laurie's character and his neat retro-future long coat but i highly doubt we'll see more than one figure from this.

Teaser for Clooney Batman? :lol

It's always nice to see some variety from HT!

I have a feeling this will be more than George Clooney with street clothing. I have not seen the film yet, but I have a feeling it will be something special.

I really don't understand why Hot Toys is doing these figures. There can't be a high demand for these, if any. Maybe part of some deal where Disney sold the Marvel and/or Star Wars rights, if Hot Toys agreed to make figures of this movie and maybe other Disney releases. I wonder how or if this is going to effect other releases because Hot Toys has only so much people working for them and if they are working on this, that means they can't work on other stuff.

Mad Max is unobtainable. N2 did 7 inch figures years ago but Randy is being plagued on Twitter daily about the license. George Miller owns the rights and refuses any merchandise.

I wish they would make an announcement with actual reveals than just telling us they're doing it. I guess I'll file it under "good to know".

Hot Toys should be finishing all the other stuff they have announced. I haven't watched the trailer to this movie but I think most want those Aliens, Prometheus, Batman 66, and other figures I'm forgetting before Tomorrowland figures. Although the girl from The Secret Circle is in Tomorrowland. Perhaps if they made her figure I could custom it into her character from Secret Circle.

They'll probably just make the robots. Don't need any likeness rights for those

I can't imagine them making a George Clooney figure in casual clothes for $230 dollars. Its Lone Ranger all over again :slap

I guess it's just an excuse to make a George Clooney figure. Plus it's a sci-fi/fantasy movie so... why not. I get the frustrations about the other figures or properties they don't even have rights to but, I don't get the hate on this movie. I'll reserve judgement until I see what they do.

lol, what a waste of resources.

No Mad Max, but we'll get civilian George Clooney or some random little girl. Wonderful.

Indeed. Is there any hype for this film? I wasn't aware of it at all until the trailer played before Avengers.

When you think of the time-tested movies with built-in fanbases that don't get figures while something like this comes along out of the blue *sigh* can't help but find that frustrating.

Unless it ends up being a Matrix-type phenomenon but really if I were Hot Toys I might hold off on announcing this license till it proves to be so. Otherwise it's just gonna be another Green Lantern or Prometheus.

Last edited:
Back