Let's see your modified SS 1:6 Universal Monsters!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FreshYoungDude

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Just started collecting these. While they are awesome for the price they originally sold for, I think we all can agree most of them could use some tweaking/customizing, whether it be paint, or clothing, or body type. I think it would be great to have a thread just focusing on these if there isn't one already recently.

So far I have Nosferatu, Monster's Bride, Bela Dracula, and Phantom Red Death variant. I think these are pretty great as is. I wanted to get the Bride Frankenstein Monster too, but I think the coat needs to be a bit more weathered/dirty looking?

Lets see your tweaks! Post pictures and a description of what you've done. :clap:

Just started collecting these. While they are awesome for the price they originally sold for, I think we all can agree most of them could use some tweaking/customizing, whether it be paint, or clothing, or body type. I think it would be great to have a thread just focusing on these if there isn't one already recently.

So far I have Nosferatu, Monster's Bride, Bela Dracula, and Phantom Red Death variant. I think these are pretty great as is. I wanted to get the Bride Frankenstein Monster too, but I think the coat needs to be a bit more weathered/dirty looking?

Lets see your tweaks! Post pictures and a description of what you've done. :clap:

This is great. I only have the Bride and Monster PF left (and they are staying with me) but I am glad that you are giving these some love. Awesome idea!!

Great thread!

I've been working on a Karloff monster for seems like an eternity.
Modified/swapped body
5nurs2.jpg

New clothes(Not quite settled on these...might have something more screen accurate made)
2mnpzwg.jpg

And I've been experimenting with tweaking clay copies SS son of frankenstein sculpt,Which is the best Karloff likeness imo and provides a good base.
This one turned into the mummy but you get the idea.:lol
2aipiec.jpg

This project is taking forever because I want it to be perfect and I'm doing a lot of experimenting along the way.

Astro I just love your monster even in the WIP stage he look's great! :frank :drool

Excellent idea for a thread! My favorite line Sideshow ever did. The Monster is still in my top 5 or so figures. Someone has a great repainted Dracula that's been ported over to a TT. I can't remember who it belongs to but I hope they share. :)

I built up the boots of the Glenn Strange monster to get the right height. Now he is the right height in comparison to Dracula the Wolfman and my custom Bud Abbott and Lou Costello figures.

This thread rules! I own a bunch of the Classic Sideshow Universal Monster figures and I just love them! I'm hoping to pick up more near September and October this year. :) Favorite in the collection would have to be my Silver Screen Edition Frankenstein and The Mummy Ardeth Bay.

Great thread!

I've been working on a Karloff monster for seems like an eternity.
Modified/swapped body
5nurs2.jpg

New clothes(Not quite settled on these...might have something more screen accurate made)
2mnpzwg.jpg

And I've been experimenting with tweaking clay copies SS son of frankenstein sculpt,Which is the best Karloff likeness imo and provides a good base.
This one turned into the mummy but you get the idea.:lol
2aipiec.jpg

This project is taking forever because I want it to be perfect and I'm doing a lot of experimenting along the way.

Where did you pick up his suit at? it looks great

Fellow board member had me redo his Wolfman figure. We're talking about having me redo all his Universal Monsters. Unfortunately all I could get is a picture with my phone camera, which sucks. Ill get better pictures with DSLR soon.

11136708_920624324663685_5731609739494989823_n.jpg

Whole thing has been repainted, weathered, and Ive added synthetic hair patches and synthetic moss on the tree log stand.

Fellow board member had me redo his Wolfman figure. We're talking about having me redo all his Universal Monsters. Unfortunately all I could get is a picture with my phone camera, which sucks. Ill get better pictures with DSLR soon.

11136708_920624324663685_5731609739494989823_n.jpg

Whole thing has been repainted, weathered, and Ive added synthetic hair patches and synthetic moss on the tree log stand.
WhoooHHOOOOOO!!! :yess:

Just started collecting the Universal Monsters series , managed to snag the Karloff monster , the wolfman arrived this morning , silver screen Dracula , Phantom of the Opera and the London After Midnight figure all en route . Great line , I would love to get The Vampyre , but cant find one in the UK and as I have managed to get all the figures at a very good price so far , dont really want to spend a huge amount (which it appears to command)

Back