Best Head Sculpt (Regardless of Paint Apps) Shipped in 2006

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Best Head Sculpt (Regardless of Paint Apps) Shipped in 2006?

• Luke Skywalker

Votes: 8 9.9%
  • Anakin Skywalker

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Kit Fisto

Votes: 6 7.4%
  • Darth Vader

• Han Solo

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • Obi-Wan Kenobi

Votes: 23 28.4%
  • Mace Windu

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Qui-Gon Jinn

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • Darth Maul

Votes: 31 38.3%
  • Bib Fortuna

• Total voters

MaulFan

King of the Monsters
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, I'm sure some of you are like this dude is poll crazy, but I think doing our own like Sideshow Star Wars 1/6 Award ceremony is a nice, civil way to gather our opinions and share with one another. So with that in mind, if the title isn't clear enough, I was thinking it'd be interesting to see who people felt was the most well carved face sculpt in 2006, regardless of the final paint, just the underlying sculpts.

My vote is again Obi-Wan because if you read the best figure poll, his sculpt is what sold me on him.

I thought he was great too WG, I just find something amazing about Obi-Wan, it's like a race with those two and Obi-Wan beats Maul by like .00001 of a second.

For my .02 I am much more impressed when a sculpture can get the actor's likeness down to the very wart/mole. I know that Darth Maul was mostly a human sculpt, but Obi has to be amongst the very best 1/6 fig ever -- as far as sculpt is concerned.

Hey Maulfan, it would be great if you could post close-up pics of all the heads to be voted upon. Maybe a side-by-side view would help these "close to a tie" decisions. I actually haven't looked at my Obi-Wan since I received him. Maybe he IS better.

I'll put that in the works WG. I think what tilts my vote is that, Darth Maul was a visually astonishing character, like Michale Jordon on the basketball court, you were just in awe and enjoyment of his every move and the gazing stare of his Sith eyes and the tattoos, but Obi-Wan was a very alive character with a lot of emotion especially in ROTS and Ewan McGreggor did a great job and I just see all of that captured in Andy's sculpt and I'm just in awe at it every time. Maul looks great, Obi-Wan makes me feel drawn into the galaxy far far away.

Definitely Maul. Flawless. Perfect. Ray Park in the sculpt. I had some issues with Andy B's Obi-Wan sculpt, primarily in the thickness of the beard. Good sculpt but not as flawless as Maul.

While I hold Obi-Wan as the best figure overall, I think Luke has the best head sculpt. It's the only sculpt of Hamill that really captures it dead on, and the expression is perfect in my eyes. Luke wins this one for me.

Funny though how for all the guff Han gets, he has a vote, while Vader/Anakin have none.

OBI-WAN !!
He is Awesome :

43wpow3.gif

300bm6s.gif

Definately Obi Wan Kenobi - with Darth Maul a very close second!

I voted Maul but looking at the figures again, I think I should have gone Qui-Gon Jinn. But him, Maul and Obi all kinda tie for first.

Either Luke or Maul ...it's hard to tell, characters with gimmmicks (tatoos) are much easier to make look right than totally human looking faces

not Obi-Wan though, not by a long shot. It's a great figure, and a great sculpt... but it's NOT perfect or dead on as has been described. Not if you actually compare it to Ewan in the movie, and not just what you remember him looking like.

Like I said, either Luke or Maul :)

I voted for Luke, sure some don't like the expression. But the sculp is dead on for Mark Hamill! I think its the best so far... with Maul, Obi and Bib rounding out the top spots.

Absolutely Maul. When you take away the horns and paint apps its an absolutely unforgiving likeness. A bald guy with no facial hair. You either nail the sculpt perfectly or you don't. Olaf nailed it.

Back