Ikea Stuva System

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Quilon

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Has anyone gotten the Stuva system from Ikea? If so could you please post some picture. I am quickly running out of room and not sure what to display my statues on. :panic: I have a mix of PF, comiquettes and 1/6th scale. Any advice would also be much appreciated. Thank you.

Excuse crappy phone pic. Just took a quick one..doors are the besta tombo. Any of the besta doors will fit.

These are Stuva, statues on the left, mainly Hot Toys on the right.

Attachments

• 16958239385_8e3dbeb2b1_c.jpg
    16958239385_8e3dbeb2b1_c.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 1,884
I can't see the sides on these very well..do you have to drill holes to put besta doors on them or are they set up for doors already?

The one on the right. Is that a cabinet door on the bottom? I do not see it on the ikea site.

No it's a full length Stuva shelf turned on its side. They didn't have any doors that were the height I wanted so I did this instead. If you put a shelf at the bottom resting on the floor of the cabinet, the other shelf turned on its side then rests between that and the first shelf from the bottom with the statues on. The sides hold it in place and you can just pull it out if you want access. I actually did the same thing on all of my Besta cabinets (Stuva shelves as doors) also, see below...I think it looks pretty good.

It won't match up if you have glass doors for where the statues are but unless they start doing full length glass doors I'm leaving it open. Coping with dust is better than cramming statues into small glass doors so that you can't see them properly, in my opinion.

16957282071_2d6f8e79fc_c.jpg

Full length doors (with minimal edges) remain a wish for many collectors I think. Would love to have a tall cabinet, but I want to alter shelf heights without obscuring anything. A 3 door system won't work. Sticking to a 2x2 Besta now, leaves room for the bigger statues on top.

Regardless, your display is quite impressive.

Back