Favorite current Marvel comic book

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What is your favorite current marvel book?

• Spiderman..Ultimate/amazing/sensational etc.

Votes: 7 18.4%
  • X-men../Ultimate/Uncanny etc.

Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Captain America

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • DD

Votes: 8 21.1%
  • Hulk

Votes: 9 23.7%
  • FF

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wolverine

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cable/Deadpool

• Eternals

• Other

Votes: 6 15.8%

• Total voters
hulk with the planet hulk story.

Last edited:
Planet Hulk by far is one of the best current book right now. It brings back the Hulk we saw when he was written by Peter David. He was bad, arrogant, and street smart. This was how Stan saw him in the beginning. Read some of his early books and see.

I'm a spidey fan, although I read all of those monthly and love them all. New Avengers is also a great one.

BrianK said:
Planet Hulk by far is one of the best current book right now. It brings back the Hulk we saw when he was written by Peter David. He was bad, arrogant, and street smart. This was how Stan saw him in the beginning. Read some of his early books and see.

I agree, Planet Hulk is quite a good series. But I have always been a spidey fan myself....

the relaunched Moon Knight. The first six part story arc "The Bottom" was great and hopefully its a sign of things to come. BTW "The Bottom" is already available in a single reprint if anyone is interested. I've always loved the character of Marc Spector - its too bad alot of fans look at him as a poor man's Batman. The whole supernatural aspect combined with multiple personality disorder and suppressed guilt make for a powerful character when done right.

The only other comic I'm reading atm is Dynamite's Highlander which is also not too shabby.

If you guys are not reading Daredevil every month then you are missing out on one of the best written comics on the market. Every month there is more action, more intrigue, more twists, and more bad guys than the best of film noir. And if you like pulpy, noir-ish stories, then this book is perfect for you. Buy the trades, the hardcovers or get on the monthly...it is that good! You will definitely find your pulse quickening with every flip of the page and just when you think you have things figured out, Daredevil goes into overdrive again. Ed Brubaker and Michael Lark took over after the amazing Four year Brian Michael Bendis/Alex Maleev run. I'm telling you, check them all out! This is my must read.

I also recommend Powers, Conan, Hellboy, Detective Comics, Green Lantern, Punisher War Journal, or anything by Bendis, Moore, Morrison, Ellis, Millar, and Gaiman!

'Nuff Said! :D

Spider-Man is my favorite hero by far, but as I type this today DD is on fire. DD is the best written book in comics today. Spidey still rulz though.

I only read the collections, but Runaways is fantastic. Also Astonishing X-Men needs a seperate entry - I could care less about the X-losers, but I buy those collections because of Joss.

Also New Avengers and Young Avengers - I don't know why.

Back