New Mutants (X-Men spinoff)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meanstreak

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
EXCLUSIVE: Fox has closed a deal with The Fault In Our Stars director Josh Boone to co-write and direct The New Mutants, a standalone spinoff that expands its X-Men movie universe. The series, already part of the X-Men Comics universe, introduces a new crop of mutant characters born with special powers. Boone will co-write with Knate Gwaltney. Simon Kinberg will produce with Lauren Shuler Donner.

‘The Fault In Our Stars’ Director To Helm ‘X-Men’ Spinoff | Deadline

Huh. Never was a fan of the comic, none of the characters did much for me. That said, I'm willing to see who they pick for the team and how they come out.

:lol Disney is going to have a fit. I wonder what other statues or comics are going to get cut because of this announcement.

Huh. Never was a fan of the comic, none of the characters did much for me. That said, I'm willing to see who they pick for the team and how they come out.

I bet we will get Cannonball, Magik and Sunspot for sure. Hopefully Cable will be the trainer/mentor.

I think this will be the film to crossover with Deadpool and X-Force.

Or they may just make the team the new mutants (younger versions) from Apocalypse - Cyclops, Jean, Storm, Nightcrawler, Havok, Jubilee, etc.

I don't know anything about the filmmaker, but enjoyed some of the (non-Liefeld) New Mutants stuff. Could be a mix of New Mutants and Generation-X.

I hope we'll see the regular X-films stick in the '80s and '90s for awhile, and maybe let this be the more modern version of the team that can cross-over into other films.

I don't think Disney cares about any more mutant related movies since they're washing their hands of all of them.

Oh, they care. If they didn't, Wolverine wouldn't be dead, Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver would still be Magneto's kids, the X-books would be good, and Misney wouldn't be telling SSC or XM to lay off the mutants for awhile. They are purposely torpedo-ing all their mutant characters and lines to try and regain the X-MEN movie rights.

Sounds cool. Hoping to see Majik and Cannonball

Oh, they care. If they didn't, Wolverine wouldn't be dead, Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver would still be Magneto's kids, the X-books would be good, and Misney wouldn't be telling SSC or XM to lay off the mutants for awhile. They are purposely torpedo-ing all their mutant characters and lines to try and regain the X-MEN movie rights.

Which highlights their stupidity since it won't accomplish that.

Only thing their petulance regarding Mutants acomplishes is screwing the fans and hurting the comic property for Marvel themselves.

X-Men Days of Future Past didn't have any merchandise or the like and that didn't stop it hitting big. Marvel comics destroying their credibility and their own property won't affect the movies in the slightest.

It'll be interesting to see if they'll go with the older team or if they'll pull from the newer mutants in the comics. Either way, not a lot to get excited about until I see more.

I don't think Disney cares about any more mutant related movies since they're washing their hands of all of them.

:exactly: :goodpost:

A clear sign of that is how far the Inhumans plot has come. It's Marvel solution to not having mutants. On last night's episode of Agents of Shield we had our own versions of Nightcrawler, Multiple Man, Rogue and others. In fact, those TV characters were better versions of anything we've seen on the XMen movies so far.

Big time characters die all the time... Wolverine will be back and better than ever. Comic plots change radically all the time as well, nothing too crazy about changing the relation between Magneto and the twins. The rest of what you said is just a bunch of hearsay. There aren't XMen products because the franchise is weak and a money loser. Look at HT, even they knew better than to make any XMen figures other than Wolverine. No wonder they canceled the Xavier figure. They know it would be peg-warmer.

:The rest of what you said is just a bunch of hearsay. There aren't XMen products because the franchise is weak and a money loser. Look at HT, even they knew better than to make any XMen figures other than Wolverine. No wonder they canceled the Xavier figure. They know it would be peg-warmer.

Actually XM, Kotobukiya and I think even Sideshow have all said it was hard to push out statues of X-Men characters because restrictions from Disney/Marvel.

Regarding the X-Men Hot Toys figures, Howard Chan has said the licensing is different than Marvel and they have to get the individual actors likeness approved. That's why we've only seen Hugh figures. It's not because the franchise is weak or a money loser. :lol

Last edited:
In fact, those TV characters were better versions of anything we've seen on the XMen movies so far.

sFEZMTl.gif

This can probably lead into X-Force.

It looks like Fox plans on making shared team universes as well. I’d like to see X-Factor, Excalibur, even X-Terminators get their own movies.

I’d love to see Mirage apart of the team, It’d be interesting to see her powers in live action.

Bad ass action with Wolfsbane is all I care.

A clear sign of that is how far the Inhumans plot has come. It's Marvel solution to not having mutants. On last night's episode of Agents of Shield we had our own versions of Nightcrawler, Multiple Man, Rogue and others. In fact, those TV characters were better versions of anything we've seen on the XMen movies so far.

Haven't seen these episodes yet. Interesting...

:exactly: :goodpost:

Big time characters die all the time... Wolverine will be back and better than ever. Comic plots change radically all the time as well, nothing too crazy about changing the relation between Magneto and the twins. The rest of what you said is just a bunch of hearsay. There aren't XMen products because the franchise is weak and a money loser. Look at HT, even they knew better than to make any XMen figures other than Wolverine. No wonder they canceled the Xavier figure. They know it would be peg-warmer.

How much is Marvel paying you dammit!?!?!

Back