Best 1/6 Scale Figure Shipped In 2006

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Best 1/6 Scale Figure Shipped in 2006?

• Luke Skywalker

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • Anakin Skywalker

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kit Fisto

Votes: 7 8.4%
  • Darth Vader

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Han Solo

• Obi-Wan Kenobi

Votes: 22 26.5%
  • Mace Windu

• Qui-Gon Jinn

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • Darth Maul

Votes: 37 44.6%
  • Bib Fortuna

Votes: 6 7.2%

• Total voters

MaulFan

King of the Monsters
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, with all the Oscar and award show buzz going on, I thought it'd be fun to do a poll, and I'm sorry if it's been done before but I havent' seen anything like it, to see who people would vote for as the best of what figures shipped out in 2006.

congerking said:
IMO, it was a toss up between Obi-Wan and Maul. I went with :maul :maul

I hear ya, it came down to those in my mind, the deal breaker for me was that Maul had the emotionless face where a grin could have put him over the top, but Obi-Wan, while also mainly emotionless, has some emotion in his sculpt and the character warrants that so I felt Obi represented himself a little bit stronger.

We've had discussions, but not a poll...

Interesting to see that the top two....are my top two :D

Kit Fisto IMO with Maul a very close 2nd.

Not because Kit's my fav either. I just think he's perfect from head to toe other than only 1 saber grip hand.

Maul is just about perfect too. I just had a harder time trying to find a pose I liked him in.

Obi's getting votes too, but his paint left him 3rd or 4th on my list with Windu being right there with him.

I'll be curious to see if Han gets any votes, I was happy with that figure, not the best in show to me, but it has it's good points and it'll be interesting to see if he won anybody over. I think Kit and Bib will score well being aliens and giving something unique in that. Maul is alien, but sculturally, he's a human head with a few horns so he's not a hug departure from human form, but Kit is completely and Bib is past the mouth nose eye region.

To me it was a choice between Maul an Bib. The headsculpt on Maul is awesome in my opinion because it captures more subtlety than most Maul portraits, which are either snarling or over the top pissed. The SS Maul captures an inner calm coupled with rage - which is what impressed me the most about the sculpt. :maul

pixletwin said:
To me it was a choice between Maul an Bib. The headsculpt on Maul is awesome in my opinion because it captures more subtlety than most Maul portraits, which are either snarling or over the top pissed. The SS Maul captures an inner calm coupled with rage - which is what impressed me the most about the sculpt. :maul

Well said!

MaulFan said:
I'll be curious to see if Han gets any votes, I was happy with that figure, not the best in show to me, but it has it's good points and it'll be interesting to see if he won anybody over. I think Kit and Bib will score well being aliens and giving something unique in that. Maul is alien, but sculturally, he's a human head with a few horns so he's not a hug departure from human form, but Kit is completely and Bib is past the mouth nose eye region.

Maul will win this in a landslid IMO due to his "coolness" factor and Obi will finish 2nd.

KitFisto said:
Maul will win this in a landslid IMO due to his "coolness" factor and Obi will finish 2nd.

I agree on the Maul factor, but despite where I rank him, I think Obi and Qui could be in a tight race at some point based on some of the praise I've heard in different forums about Qui-Gon.

Mine was SO close between Obi-Wan and Luke. Honestly, Luke's arms have never bothered me, and I really can't see the problem (maybe it's because I have really long arms myself LOL), and it's SUCH an iconic piece--everybody who sees my collection is most impressed with him, and I LOVE the expression they gave him--perfect! But, for all his qualitites, Obi-Wan is perfection to me. And he's my favorite character. :cool:

I had to go with Maul, not my favorite character. But Sideshow nailed him, from the excellent sculpt and clothing to the right length arms and excellent paint apps. I think he is an instance were everything came together.

But other faves would be Bib (perfect, but not as dynamic), Obi, Mace and Luke (even with his longer arms).

The rest aren't slouches... but just didn't wow as much as possible.

I voted for Obi Wan, with Maul a close second and Qui Gon third. I think that Qui Gon was right up there as one of the best last year.

Maul hands down. The likeness is there, sculpt, paint, etc. but Obi-Wan was a very close second for me with Bib making a strong third.

Obi. Maul is great but something about Obi's sculpt and look really trumps him IMHO...

One thing I have to say, Sideshow did not let me down with the SW line. Besides some bad paint apps, every figure has been great. :chew

Obi was my choice, the sculpt was/is so amazing he wins easily for me. :cool:

I voted for Obi-Wan. It was a toss up beteen Maul and Obi-Wan, but in terms of sculpting, I think Obi was executed better. Of course I repainted him and dyed his tunic the proper color, but that is another story. Besides, he is my favorite character...always has been since I first heard the immortal Alec Guinness speak the lines, "If you strike me down I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine." Dude, I believed him and still do. :monkey2

But I have to say I have been fairly pleased with SS's efforts so far. I believe they need better QC and work on a more up-to-date body. Lousy paint apps are killing every great sculpt. I don't mind the repainting so much, as I have gotten better at it after so many years, but it is nice to buy something that does not need repainting from time to time.

Back