Star Ace - Deluxe Steve McQueen with German Uniform disguise

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darklord Dave

Super Freak
Reaction score
THE 1/6TH SCALE STEVE MCQUEEN (CAPT. VIRGIL HILTS) DELUXE VERSION COLLECTIBLE FIGURE FEATURES:

- 1/6TH SCALE APPROXIMATELY 30 CM TALL
- BODY WITH OVER 30 POINTS OF ARTICULATION
- AUTHENTIC AND DETAILED FULLY REALIZED LIKENESS OF STEVE MCQUEEN AS CAPT. VIRGIL HILTS IN "THE GREAT ESCAPE" (1963) MOVIE WITH CASUAL OUTFIT AND GERMAN UNIFORM DISGUISE
- ACCURATE FACIAL EXPRESSION WITH DETAILED SKIN TEXTURE
- EACH HEAD SCULPT IS SPECIALLY HAND-PAINTED

PARTS:
1. FOUR (4) INTERCHANGEABLE HANDS INCLUDING:
- ONE (1) PAIR OF OPEN HANDS
- ONE (1) RIGHT HAND FOR CATCHING BASEBALL / HOLDING GUN
- ONE (1) RIGHT HAND FOR CARRYING BAG

2A. CASUAL OUTFIT:
- ONE (1) FLIGHT JACKET (A2 STYLE)
- ONE (1) BLUE SHIRT
- ONE (1) PAIR OF PANTS
- ONE (1) PAIR OF SOCKS

2B. GERMAN UNIFORM:
- ONE (1) JACKET (WH/M36 STYLE)
- ONE (1) BELT WITH BUCKLE
- ONE (1) PAIR OF PANTS
- ONE (1) PAIR OF LEGGINGS

3. ACCESSORIES:
- ONE (1) BASEBALL GLOVE
- ONE (1) BASEBALL
- ONE (1) CARRYING BAG
- ONE (1) FINGER RING
- ONE (1) WATCH
- ONE (1) PENDANT
- ONE (1) PAIR OF BROWN BOOTS (M43 STYLE)
- ONE (1) HELMET (M35)
- ONE (1) LUGER P-08 GUN
- ONE (1) HOLSTER
- ONE (1) PAIR OF RANK INSIGNIA
- ONE (1) EAGLE BADGE (M36)

4. CLEAR ARYCLIC STAND WITH HOLDER
RELEASE DATE: Q3, 2015

**PROTOTYPE SHOWN, FINAL PRODUCT MAY BE SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT

**PRODUCT DETAILS COULD BE SUBJECTED TO CHANGE WITHOUT FURTHER NOTICE

TM & © THE GREAT ESCAPE TM & © 1963 - 2014 Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. and John Sturges. THE GREAT ESCAPE is a trademark of Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. All Rights Reserved.

STEVE MCQUEEN is a trademark or registered trademark of Chadwick McQueen and The Terry McQueen Testamentary Trust. Represented exclusively by GreenLight. Official licensed merchandise.

© 2015 Star Ace Toys Limited. All Rights Reserved.

DSC_6700.jpg

DSC_6700.jpg

DSC_6700.jpg

DSC_6703.jpg

DSC_6707.jpg

DSC_6714.jpg

DSC_6715.jpg

DSC_6717.jpg

DSC_6719.jpg

DSC_6726.jpg

DSC_6734.jpg

DSC_6735.jpg

DSC_6736.jpg

DSC_6737.jpg

DSC_6739.jpg

DSC_6740.jpg

DSC_6742.jpg

DSC_6744.jpg

DSC_6746.jpg

DSC_6747.jpg

DSC_6749.jpg

DSC_6751.jpg

DSC_6755.jpg

DSC_6760.jpg

DSC_6762.jpg

great_escape11.jpg

Huh??? I've already got the first release. They now release this as a double pack? Wtf!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gotta get the most out of that sculpt huh? It looks like a fun figure. :)

This company seems really promising so if projects like this one can fund future licensed figures I say good for them, their Harry Potter toys are great. I can't wait to see what other properties they will grab in the future.

Bullitt is the most wanted McQueen figure they could make, so I'm sure the Estate will approve it. Too bad they didn't include this outfit with the other release. This is the kind of decision that could seriously delay/cancel, other McQueen characters from getting made if this German disguise figure sits on the shelf too long :slap

I hope this isn't the case and we see Bullitt, Horn, or Tanner next :lecture

Im disappointed that now they released this double pack. The only thing that makes the first release better is the different base/stand to this one.
If they made this HS different, it would justify another purchase from me. Hmmmmm

Im disappointed that now they released this double pack. The only thing that makes the first release better is the different base/stand to this one.
If they made this HS different, it would justify another purchase from me. Hmmmmm

I agree.

My personal opinion is the only way to justify this release would be to include a different or additional head sculpt (different expression). Even then, the concept is a "stretch". It's not like Hilts wore a German uniform for a substantial time in the film to evade recapture. It kind of came with commandeering the motorcycle. I feel like the reaction to this release (as inferred in earlier posts) would be that Star Ace would be sort of "milking" the initial release. The initial figure more than adequately filled a 1/6 scale void (at least for me) and I think the McQueen license would be better served with the different characters portrayed by him if there are more Steve McQueen projects in the future.

Star Ace, you started out with a bang with this and the Harry Potter line. Don't take this route.

I agree.

My personal opinion is the only way to justify this release would be to include a different or additional head sculpt (different expression). Even then, the concept is a "stretch". It's not like Hilts wore a German uniform for a substantial time in the film to evade recapture. It kind of came with commandeering the motorcycle. I feel like the reaction to this release (as inferred in earlier posts) would be that Star Ace would be sort of "milking" the initial release. The initial figure more than adequately filled a 1/6 scale void (at least for me) and I think the McQueen license would be better served with the different characters portrayed by him if there are more Steve McQueen projects in the future.

Star Ace, you started out with a bang with this and the Harry Potter line. Don't take this route.

:exactly: Let's just hope this doesn't come back to bite them on the you know what

Seems like a few here agree that this does not seem like a good move from Star Ace.

Which leads me to ask you all, would you buy this even if you have the first release?

Plus I think for those that missed out on the first release, would you buy this set now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seems like a few here agree that this does not seem like a good move from Star Ace.

Which leads me to ask you all, would you buy this even if you have the first release?

Plus I think for those that missed out on the first release, would you buy this set now?

Easy pass for me. I'll wait to see what's next in their "Legend" or "Favorite Movie" series.

Easy pass for me. I'll wait to see what's next in their "Legend" or "Favorite Movie" series.

I wonder what happened to the voting thing they had on their fb page. Were there any final results announced? I doublt it though.

Back