Action Figure Bandai Star Wars Model Kit 1/12 Scale General Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hydeous

Apprentice
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Thought that itd be a good idea to make a new thread for these, rather than discussing it in the Figuarts or Revoltech thread.

Customization, repaints etc, post em here. I just picked up the Stormtrooper version, will post em once im done assembling it.

I just got the 1/48 X-wing Moving edition. I am such a newb to Bandai stuff, I thought it was a pre-assembled model. Imagine my surprise when I opened the box. I am a long way from finished since I am doing some custom paint work.

These kits are awesome. Built Threepio yesterday and couldn't be happier with the finished product.

You can just use the decals or sticker they provided though right?

Yeah, you can use the stickers just fine. That's what I do, but some other folks I saw have painted theirs for weathering purposes or just because it's easier than the decals, which are extremely finicky. I recommend tweezers for applying them if you go that route.

You can just use the decals or sticker they provided though right?

Yes, the decals and stickers are well made. However, there are some areas that need paint. I am not a super accurate kind of person, but the kit is very clean when complete and a weathering wash was necessary to me. I did the weathering last night and after I apply a clear coat, I will finish applying decals. It is not nearly as hard as I thought it would be. The hardest part is painting the pilot, IMO. I will post photos soon.

These kits are awesome. Built Threepio yesterday and couldn't be happier with the finished product.

Yeah, you can use the stickers just fine. That's what I do, but some other folks I saw have painted theirs for weathering purposes or just because it's easier than the decals, which are extremely finicky. I recommend tweezers for applying them if you go that route.

The decals are nice, but I totally agree that you need tweezers and a steady hand. I actually used a magnifying glass on some. The only thing I don't like about some of the decals is that they would have you place them on an area that is partly raised. It is difficult to get some of the decals to properly lay flat in these areas, but slow work and patience helps. I am at that stage now and it is slow going.

These kits are excellent. Here are the ones I built. uploadfromtaptalk1431369892333.jpg

Wow he looks great!

I'm building stormtrooper currently, I'm trying to remove the seamlines too, which means I'll have to give the whole thing a repainted. Hopefully it'll come out looking decent or at least close to what it looks like without one. :lol I think these already looks great unpainted.

I over at the rpf forum, I saw someone modified the eyebrow part to give it more white spacing.

Curious to see how that At ST will look like assembled, shropt.

Damn, he looks good, Mrs. H! Now you got me panicking since mine is currently filled with cement glues and scratches. I hope he'll look decent once I've applied some paint on him. Seems like I went all through the trouble, since he looks fine out of the box :panic:

What are the sounds like on that x-wing. Looks like an on/off switch for the engine lights and 2 sound effect buttons? I'm guessing.

What are the sounds like on that x-wing. Looks like an on/off switch for the engine lights and 2 sound effect buttons? I'm guessing.

One button opens and closes the wings/foils along with the appropriate sounds. The next button fires a proton torpedo sound and lights the launchers. When turned on, all four engines are lit in the back and the cockpit is lit.

Curious to see how that At ST will look like assembled, shropt.

Damn, he looks good, Mrs. H! Now you got me panicking since mine is currently filled with cement glues and scratches. I hope he'll look decent once I've applied some paint on him. Seems like I went all through the trouble, since he looks fine out of the box :panic:

Only thing painted was the teeth and the blue cheek things and the grey on the thermal bomb.I was aloud to play with him so some fun stuff went on......
image_zpsnqqkpzv2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
image_zpsfbz8ajii.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Back