Cinemaquette vs. Sideshow?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timr

Freaked Out
Reaction score
How much better is the cinemaquette jack sparrow than the sideshow premium format version, I'm aware the price difference is massive, I've never seen the cinemaquette myself only on you tube to be honest on some videos they look fantastic but on other they look no better than the sideshow one, I think this is most likely bad lighting. And has anyone out there got the close encounters bust it looks a little creepy from the photos but I suppose it looked creepy on the film seen one for sale at a good price.

I like the sideshow one better. I think the likeness is better on it.

The SS one is 1/4 scale and the CM one is 1/3 scale so the CM one is quite a bit bigger.

Either one. The last one SS did is my favorite. Jack Sparrow looks so good. The sculpt and paints are spot on.
The first one SS did has a much cooler base.

CM's production piece human likenesses leave a lot to be desired. Plus you can buy 3 to 4 PFs for the cost of one CM. I used to own the T-850 and liked that one a lot, but had to cut the hair myself and for as expensive as they are I shouldn't have to do that. It was way too long and folded over instead of the crew cut he had in the film.

Sparrow isn't one of their best works, far from it, so it's prolly not worth the extra money over the SS versions.

CM's human pieces are just weak--Sparrow, Aragon, and Superman. But their Alien, Predator and Terminators are classic. If you got the cash, get CM.

CM Jack Sparrow ftw !!!! ;)

10683401_1015839091765871_5412360898373295127_o.jpg

1272148_1015839085099205_968892292708775491_o.jpg

Hi mirak I take it you own the figure I'm still not 100 percent on the it, I've been offered one the outfit looks excellent but I'm just no sold on the face again I don't know if the photos never seeing it in real life. What's your opinion On the facial lightness to you thanks Tim.

Hi Timr :)
Yes these pics are from my JS and I personally think that he has one of the better liknesses on a CM statue (and very difficult to capture on camera) !
Does it have a perfect likeness? No , but it's very close ;) !
If possible you should try to see it in person so you can judge for yourself before buying it !

Ps: The regular JS doesn't come with the hat & coat , these were offered later to JS owners and are limited to 12pcs

Last edited:
When you say the hat and coat were offered you meant they sold them at extra cost, I looked at the one for sale and you were correct there not avaible with the figure.

When you say the hat and coat were offered you meant they sold them at extra cost, I looked at the one for sale and you were correct there not avaible with the figure.

Yes they were sold for $400 ! The chances of finding one for sale with hat & coat are very small , only the members of the cinemaquette forum (chocolatebydeath.com) had the chance to order this set about a half year ago...

Mirak do you also own the close encounter alien, Ive seen it's still avaible and wonder if it would be a good buy.

Mirak do you also own the close encounter alien, Ive seen it's still avaible and wonder if it would be a good buy.

No I don't , but a friend of mine bought it and he said that it's really a very nice bust !

Yes they were sold for $400 ! The chances of finding one for sale with hat & coat are very small , only the members of the cinemaquette forum (chocolatebydeath.com) had the chance to order this set about a half year ago...

it looks much better with the hat and coat. If I ever got one, it would have to be one from a member that got a set.

I think, human cm stuff very weak is the likenesses, but their pred and alien stuff, can't beat it. If I had the money I'd go for ss for their human statues and cm for there creatures

Gone off the jack figure, would kill for the creature from the black lagoon.

Back