No Admittance Bookends

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fritz

My muse is a fickle b**ch
Reaction score
I didn't see a thread for this old item so why not start one. :lol

Since I've been playing with iMovie I decided to make another video...

Good video, I don't have them either unfortunately :(.

I would like to get this and the 'Meeting of Old Friends' wall plaque for my collection though - reckon they would all look pretty good together.

Very nice Frank. Mine got banged up a little a while back but it's still a nice little item.

Man, are you all a depressing lot :lol

I've still got them, still in as new condition and have all my LOTR and Hobbit blu-ray's between them :p

Still have these, great pieces full of lovely detail. Have my wooden box LE dvd's extended edition between them and it looks fab.

I have the faux bronze versions of these which I can't find much info on. They were pretty cheap but then I saw a set sell for 300 dollars. i think these were for retailers or something but can't be sure.

I don't think I've heard nor seen about a faux bronze version for these bookends. Please post pics when you can.

Well . . .at least it goes full circle as the seller of that item is a member of this forum!

I have the faux bronze versions of these which I can't find much info on. They were pretty cheap but then I saw a set sell for 300 dollars. i think these were for retailers or something but can't be sure.

Hey, that was me. They're really cool and I had no intention of selling them but when I was offered $300, I couldn't refuse. To me they were more elegant than the regular version. I kind of wish I didn't sell them, especially since I had just gotten them with the Sideshow Weta Lord of the Rings pedestal. Apparently they were supplied to some bookstores with the pedestal but when I asked Weta about them the response was that to their knowledge only one set of faux bronze bookends was ever made and it's at the Weta Cave. But since I know there was at least 3 more (yours, the one I sold, and a second one the original seller I bought it from had) that can't be right.

Here are the pics I had...

nubPxrK.jpg

KRXgT1a.jpg

4JcA0fK.jpg

pNQYeUS.jpg

uIGTXsF.jpg

lDWLBwE.jpg

Zf5Op3B.jpg

AyfarnB.jpg

EDIT: I don't like looking at these because I regret selling them every time I see the pics. :monkey2

Fritz, how are you using the pedestal?

Right now, I'm just using it when I take pictures or videos of stuff. I had the regular bookends on it when it wasn't in use for pictures but I just sold those as well so now I'm not sure what I'll put on it. :lol

Hey, that was me. They're really cool and I had no intention of selling them but when I was offered $300, I couldn't refuse. To me they were more elegant than the regular version. I kind of wish I didn't sell them, especially since I had just gotten them with the Sideshow Weta Lord of the Rings pedestal. Apparently they were supplied to some bookstores with the pedestal but when I asked Weta about them the response was that to their knowledge only one set of faux bronze bookends was ever made and it's at the Weta Cave. But since I know there was at least 3 more (yours, the one I sold, and a second one the original seller I bought it from had) that can't be right.

And that was me the one that purchased the faux bronze set from you! :)
I sort of remember seeing the faux bronze version on display at a local Hastings store long time ago, I knew that it was a display piece and I even thought at that time that they were made of real bronze. Since I was not a collector for LOTR back in those days, I hesitated a lot to spend my money on the last new in box "No admittance" set that the store had. It was until much latter when I purchased mine on e-bay.

Now why did I spend $300 on the faux bronze version? Because they are beautiful and worthy first of all and second because you were not planning to sell.
I collect Weta middle earth environments and with all the smials coming out I wanted that version for my display. I also have the wall plaques of which 2 of them are faux bronze. I also have the Gandalf vs Balrog diorama in faux bronze.
So please do not feel bad on your appropriate sell, like they say "If they are selling to you then buy it, If they are buying from you then sell it.

So the faux bronze set stays in the circle of Sideshow collectors!

I hate that eBay got 30 dollars out of this ;)

Rogar I'd love to see your faux bronze set up.

Back