Hot Toys - MMS293-294? - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th Luke Skywalker & Leia Organa

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Britain

Super Freak
Reaction score
Where are Hot Toys Luke and Leia?

So the hero of the film, and the other remaining unmade lead, have yet to be announced; so far everyone has hated everything except the stormtroopers; just how bad could Luke and Leia be?

And, who will they resemble?

Re: Where are Hot Toys Luke and Leia?

Thank god for another HT Star Wars thread. I was getting really worried.

Preorders already went up a week ago. Close pointless thread.

image.jpg

Yeah I am kinda surprised they're releasing an Old Ben before a Luke and Leia.

The only one I'd really be interested in though is a Leia. Luke's ANH look has never been one of my favorites.

So the hero of the film, and the other remaining unmade lead, have yet to be announced; so far everyone has hated everything except the stormtroopers; just how bad could Luke and Leia be?

And, who will they resemble?

Patience...they will be here, but you're right everyone will hate them and they will look like utter crap...so it doesn't matter... Oh and a 3rd grader can probably make better figures. They will be an epic fail, judging by the reaction to the rest of the HT SW line.

I'm sure they're off to see their plastic surgeon as we speak.

you know, I'm not being jerky about this, but Anakin was the Hero and main character of SW. Luke just helped. for reals. BUT, I agree. Where the heck is a good Jedi Luke??? F Leia.

Anakin was just a sad burnt and middle aged man at the end of ROTJ. That is it.

Jedi Luke is coming...

Patience...they will be here, but you're right everyone will hate them and they will look like utter crap...so it doesn't matter... Oh and a 3rd grader can probably make better figures. They will be an epic fail, judging by the reaction to the rest of the HT SW line.

So I guess you've seen them then? ;)

Jedi Luke is coming...

Jedi Luke w/ newly painted headsculpt!

i.e. reused DX 07 Bespin Luke head ala repainted Tony Stark, Bruce Wayne, Evil Superman, Bank Robber Joker etc.

So I guess you've seen them then? ;)

Lol... I wish. But when they do hit, it will be a disaster. We might as well just buy the jumbo kenner figures from here on out. HT clearly has failed on a unforgivable scale with SW. Despite giving us some of the best quality SW figures ever. I swear some of you guys literally would not be satisfied unless your dolls look like perfect 1/6 humans. That will never happen... Sorry they're toys peeps...toys The HT SW line isn't perfect, but my gosh look at them compared to where SW collecting started out. They are damn impressive. I don't collect 1/6 but if I were to buy them I would just enjoy them for what they are. Clearly if you have $300 to drop on a 1/6 toy your life is pretty good to begin with. Ok my rant is over... Just sick of reading how much HT has failed. But rest assured there are plenty more sucky OT figures coming from HT. ;)

I just assumed that Luke would probably be the last figure revealed since he's probably going to be one of the biggest sellers of the line. Pairing him with Leia makes sense to me. I'm surprised that Vader was already revealed as I expected Obi-Wan first or both at the same time. I'm guessing as far as A New Hope that Obi-Wan, Luke, and Leia are all that are left other than possibly Luke and Han disguised as Storm Troopers.

Yeah I am kinda surprised they're releasing an Old Ben before a Luke and Leia.

The only one I'd really be interested in though is a Leia. Luke's ANH look has never been one of my favorites.

They may be releasing an Old Luke (with removable Mel Gibson beard) and Old Leia (with removable fatsuit) before ANH Luke and Leia.

Lol... I wish. But when they do hit, it will be a disaster. We might as well just buy the jumbo kenner figures from here on out. HT clearly has failed on a unforgivable scale with SW. Despite giving us some of the best quality SW figures ever. I swear some of you guys literally would not be satisfied unless your dolls look like perfect 1/6 humans. That will never happen... Sorry they're toys peeps...toys The HT SW line isn't perfect, but my gosh look at them compared to where SW collecting started out. They are damn impressive. I don't collect 1/6 but if I were to buy them I would just enjoy them for what they are. Clearly if you have $300 to drop on a 1/6 toy your life is pretty good to begin with. Ok my rant is over... Just sick of reading how much HT has failed. But rest assured there are plenty more sucky OT figures coming from HT. ;)

Well, to be fair... HT Han and Ben ARE pretty underwhelming headsculpts, especially for HT. Paint and finish gorgeous as usual, but likeness... not so much. And, well... many HT figures in the past have looked like perfect 1/6 humans - that eerie thing they are capable of with quite a number of releases. Non-rant over.:lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back