Sony Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse (2018)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Sony Announces Animated Spider-Man Film from The LEGO Movie’s Phil Lord and Chris Miller!

Sony Pictures has officially announced that an animated film starring the wall crawler is in development.

On July 20, 2018, Phil Lord and Christopher Miller, the directors of The LEGO Movie, Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs, and 21 and 22 Jump Street, are taking Spider-Man back to his graphic roots with the first-of-its-kind animated Spider-Man feature, it was announced today at CinemaCon by Tom Rothman, chairman of the Sony Pictures Entertainment Motion Picture Group. The film will exist independently of the projects in the live-action Spider-Man universe, all of which are continuing.

Lord & Miller are masterminding the project, writing the treatment and producing the film.

As previously announced, Spider-Man will next appear in a live-action Marvel film from Marvel’s Cinematic Universe (MCU). Sony Pictures will thereafter release the next installment of its $4 billion Spider-Man franchise, on July 28, 2017, a live-action film being produced by Kevin Feige at Marvel and Amy Pascal, who oversaw the franchise launch for the studio 13 years ago. The animated film from Lord & Miller, dated July 20, 2018, has Avi Arad, Matt Tolmach, and Pascal also serving as producers.

Spider-Man, embraced all over the world, is the most successful franchise in the history of Sony Pictures, with the five films having taken in more than $4 billion worldwide.

Re: Sony Spider-man Animated film (2018)

Guess Sony just doesn't learn do they guessing now there will be two spider franchises going at the same time.

Yeah, but I'm looking forward to this film. I think this one has a better shot at being a good Spider-man film than the live action one:lol

Chance of being good nope not if avi Arad is producing.

Re: Sony Spider-Man Animated film (2018)

I wonder if they'll keep Drake Bell from Ultimate Spider-Man to voice Spidey or if they'll go with someone new, possibly even the new live action Spider-man?

The downside of a Sony Spiderman animated feature is I had hoped to see The Incredibles use some 60's era Marvel characters.

Can't say I'm too excited about this. It'll be weird having two different movie continuities at the same time.

Oh good, we need yet another reboot telling us all how PP becomes ****ing Spiderman, because even my 70 year old mother knows that, but let's do it again, in case someone in the last 50 years missed it.

PS, it doesn't end well for Spartacus either. Oh, and Clark Kent is really an alien.

If this turns out good, this could be a huge money maker for Sony. This might be the first animated movie I actually care to see in a long time.

89029-tony-soprano-newspaper-gif-wha-Tnre.gif

black_pass_1_zpscs7faopi.jpg

Sony Pictures has officially announced that an animated film starring the wall crawler is in development.

On July 20, 2018, Phil Lord and Christopher Miller, the directors of The LEGO Movie, Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs, and 21 and 22 Jump Street, are taking Spider-Man back to his graphic roots with the first-of-its-kind animated Spider-Man feature, it was announced today at CinemaCon by Tom Rothman, chairman of the Sony Pictures Entertainment Motion Picture Group. The film will exist independently of the projects in the live-action Spider-Man universe, all of which are continuing.

Lord & Miller are masterminding the project, writing the treatment and producing the film.

As previously announced, Spider-Man will next appear in a live-action Marvel film from Marvel’s Cinematic Universe (MCU). Sony Pictures will thereafter release the next installment of its $4 billion Spider-Man franchise, on July 28, 2017, a live-action film being produced by Kevin Feige at Marvel and Amy Pascal, who oversaw the franchise launch for the studio 13 years ago. The animated film from Lord & Miller, dated July 20, 2018, has Avi Arad, Matt Tolmach, and Pascal also serving as producers.

Spider-Man, embraced all over the world, is the most successful franchise in the history of Sony Pictures, with the five films having taken in more than $4 billion worldwide.

black_pass_2_zpsmkxtrukx.jpg

OK, the really important question: will this be 2D traditional animation or 3D?

Because if it's the former, ****ing finally someone doing a comic adaptation as nature intended, if it's the latter, pass.

Animated Spider-Man Movie Gets A Release Date | Comicbook.com
When Marvel Studios and Sony Pictures teamed up to allow Spider-Man to appear in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, part of that deal was an animated Spider-Man movie delivered by Sony Pictures.

The animated Spider-Man film from Phil Lord and Chris Miller now has an official release date of December 21, 2018. The movie was originally announced for the summer of 2018.

Lord and Miller will produce and write the animated Spider-Man movie but will most likely pass on directing as their next project is the (still untitled) Han Solo movie.

The live-action Spider-Man movie is set for a July 28, 2017 release and Marvel's Spider-Man will make his debut in Captain America: Civil War on May 6, 2017.

The animated Spider-Man will co-exist with Tom Holland's portrayal of Peter Parker in those films.

Oh good, we need yet another reboot telling us all how PP becomes ****ing Spiderman, because even my 70 year old mother knows that, but let's do it again, in case someone in the last 50 years missed it.

PS, it doesn't end well for Spartacus either. Oh, and Clark Kent is really an alien.

what!?

clark kent is mexican!!?

Back