Monthly Subscription Boxes...Lootcrate, Herocrate, ZBox, and more.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Ween

Wahooooo!!!!
Reaction score
This is a thread to post and discuss monthly subscription boxes. I'm listing the ones that I buy from time to time, think about trying or subscribed to:

Lootcrate: Loot Crate™ - Monthly Geek and Gamer Subscription Box Different theme every month. This month's theme is Fantasy. This is my link. If you use this to order I'll get credit for it. TY

Herocrate: HeroCrate - A Monthly Hero Themed Mystery Package This one is run by vets and part of the proceeds go to vets. The box is based on a hero every month. Next Hero is Superman but I think that one is closed. The hint for the next one looks like Iron Man. Always comes with a t-shirt.

Zbox: Sorry! This one is UK based but the shipping to the US is very cheap. Different theme each month. This month's theme is Animation, rumored to have Disney in it.

Geek Fuel: https://www.geekfuel.com/ I'm thinking about this one. May try it for a month and see.

Marvel Collectors Corp: https://www.collectorcorps.com/ This one is all Marvel but it's put out through Funko so you can take it from there. I'm still not sure about it. This month is Avengers and next month is Ant-Man.

Here is a link to monthly subscription boxes of all sorts. https://www.subscriptionboxes.com/

So, if you're getting these boxes, tell us about them, what you got and what you think! :)

There are all kinds of unboxing vids on youtube too.

I've been trying to decide which box to get. A have a few friends who have been let down with Lootcrate and cancelled and a couple who said Nerd Block was just okay. Wizard is starting one called Comic Con in a box (Premium Comic Con Monthly Box) but from what they are posting on Instagram and Twitter it doesn't look like it'll be all that they are hyping it to be.

I've been trying to decide which box to get. A have a few friends who have been let down with Lootcrate and cancelled and a couple who said Nerd Block was just okay. Wizard is starting one called Comic Con in a box (Premium Comic Con Monthly Box) but from what they are posting on Instagram and Twitter it doesn't look like it'll be all that they are hyping it to be.

Try Herocrate, Mike. That one I think is my favorite of the ones I've tried. You can just wait and pick a hero that you like. I'm pretty sure Iron Man will be the next one, but some are thinking Terminator. Here is the hint pic.

2903151_orig.png

Herocrate should've cost you $29 with free shipping. ?

Yeah, the herocrate Superman box was $29. I meant the Superman-themed hero box from superherostuff.com. The site says $49 with a value of $70, which is pricey compared to the other monthly boxes.

I think that one is the highest priced. I tried to find an unboxing for a Superman box from there on youtube but I couldn't find one.

I'd like to see what I'd get in the Superman themed box from Hero Box but it'd better be good for $50.

You're probably better off going with one of the cheaper options that have been mentioned! Looking at their "recent boxes" slider, it seems like you're better off finding your own Superman pieces for $50...unless you like socks, buttons and horrible bumber stickers with a logo for their website that's more prevalent than the quote! :lol

Looks to be a Batman Box Theme:
012715-hb-past-slider-2.jpg

Avengers:
012715-hb-past-slider-3.jpg

Justice Leage:
012715-hb-past-slider-4.jpg

Looking at their "recent boxes" slider, it seems like you're better off finding your own Superman pieces for $50...unless you like socks, buttons and horrible bumber stickers with a logo for their website that's more prevalent than the quote! :lol

That's what I was thinking. Unless the shirt was something I couldn't get anywhere else or something like that then I think I'd rather spend $50 at a store and pick out what I wanted. I'm not going to use the buttons, stickers, or key chains anyway.

That's what I was thinking. Unless the shirt was something I couldn't get anywhere else or something like that then I think I'd rather spend $50 at a store and pick out what I wanted. I'm not going to use the buttons, stickers, or key chains anyway.

Yeah, that's where I ended up landing with these crates when they started to become available to Canadian customers (especially since they cost more up here due to shipping and all that jazz!) I've gone to FanExpo here in Canada a few times, and I've picked up the Premium Pass when I'm able to make it all four days. With that pass you get a bag so you can carry your goods around, as well as some posters, buttons, and so forth. You can also nab some buttons or promo items off certain tables at the Con as well.

After doing some cleaning recently, I found those bags still filled with that "bonus" stuff untouched. It's almost always just stuff that takes up space after the initial glance at it. Sometimes there's a gem, and the cheaper crates for shoppers within the US may be worthwhile for the fun they bring...but for $50, I think you're probably better off finding your own gem! :)

This is a thread to post and discuss monthly subscription boxes. I'm listing the ones that I buy from time to time, think about trying or subscribed to:

And this is a great idea for a thread Ween, so kudos there! :hi5:

I think it's good to keep this all up to date with various options for those interested! Since Lootcrate exploded, this idea has been replicated time and time again! Good to know who's worth giving your money to!

And this is a great idea for a thread Ween, so kudos there! :hi5:

I think it's good to keep this all up to date with various options for those interested! Since Lootcrate exploded, this idea has been replicated time and time again! Good to know who's worth giving your money to!

Thank you. I didn't know they even existed till last summer when my friend told me about the Bark Box that she got for her dog and then I found the subscription site and Lootcrate. Her dog actually knows what the Bark Box looks like and get excited about it. :lol

Regarding Herocrate....I got the Feb. Ninja Turtle crate and the picture they have of the crate looks a bit deceiving. You only got one of those little figures and my T-Shirt came in a Raphael tin which for some reason they don't show.

Thank you. I didn't know they even existed till last summer when my friend told me about the Bark Box that she got for her dog and then I found the subscription site and Lootcrate. Her dog actually knows what the Bark Box looks like and get excited about it. :lol

Regarding Herocrate....I got the Feb. Ninja Turtle crate and the picture they have of the crate looks a bit deceiving. You only got one of those little figures and my T-Shirt came in a Raphael tin which for some reason they don't show.

That's why this thread is a good idea! :) If you post what you get monthly -- maybe even with pictures -- it could give others an idea of what to expect, or compare, and see if it's worthwhile! I'm sure some places definitely just grab whatever cheap things they have around for that theme, while others may put more thought into it. Like the pictures posted above...a lot of that stuff is fluff, so the key items have to be worth it, otherwise, where's the $50 going?

Back